What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh. Cool, definitely putting on my list. There was a Soviet movie made about same events.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

How interesting Charlie! Was it made around the same time that it happened? Did you see the Soviet movie?
I really look forward to you seeing Bridge of Spies and hearing your opinion.

"We're no Angels". We watched it last night. It's one of my favorite Christmas movies.
Watched "We're no Angels" I love Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray and Peter Usintov!

Attachments

• max1358483112-frontback-cover.jpg
    max1358483112-frontback-cover.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 168
Just rewatched The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. It is one of my favourite movies!

Kay and I have been watching a whole pile of sappy Christmas movies, many Hallmark ones that were filmed around Vancouver and other parts of BC and Canada. Many have the same plots, same actors, etc. but they are still fun to watch!

How interesting Charlie! Was it made around the same time that it happened? Did you see the Soviet movie?
I really look forward to you seeing Bridge of Spies and hearing your opinion.

It was made back in the 70-s. Yes, I've seen it as a kid.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

So, I was wrong. It is not about the same events. How ever, it is also about spices exchange and on the same bridge. According to Wikipedia that bridge was used more than once to exchange spices and that is where it got it's name.

Last edited:
Drat, CajunSpoon. Good to know, I had high hopes for it.

We enjoyed Mary Poppins on Sunday.

Last edited:
Today Pirate and I sat and watched Ocean's Eleven with the original cast. He asked me if it was a good movie. I just told him that there was quite a surprise ending. I hate Spoiler People. I was watching his face during the funeral. He almost fell out of his chair when he realized what happened. :angel:

Interesting thing is difference between the original and the new movies. In the original movie the thieves get nothing, in the new one they get both the girl and the money. Original message is "crime doesn't pay". The new one, message is sophisticated crime pays even more". Scary thought that this is what new generation is learning.

Interesting thing is difference between the original and the new movies. In the original movie the thieves get nothing, in the new one they get both the girl and the money. Original message is "crime doesn't pay". The new one, message is sophisticated crime pays even more". Scary thought that this is what new generation is learning.

I have only seen the original one. I just thought the final payoff was just so right. Sammy Davis held back one bag of money that they others do not know about. So he is the only one who had any money in the end. I just thought the ending was genius. :angel:

We watched Kingsman: The Secret Service last night. It was bad but we had fun with it and ended up enjoying ourselves.

Watched a 1946 B movie on YouTube last night.
Had never seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-TDYFrrRI

The Dark Mirror, starring Olivia De Havilland.
Great movie. Tisk tisk twin sisters. Lol!
Fantastic ending. Surprised me.:ohmy:

Hollywood just doesn't make movies like this anymore. People actually talk.

Just rewatched The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. It is one of my favourite movies!

Kay and I have been watching a whole pile of sappy Christmas movies, many Hallmark ones that were filmed around Vancouver and other parts of BC and Canada. Many have the same plots, same actors, etc. but they are still fun to watch!

LP, I love that movie! You just reminded me to get my DVD back from my daughter, I loaned it to her last year. I love that little cottage that Cameron Diaz's character stays in - it's how I picture the English countryside. :)

The Hateful Eight. Well, I fell asleep through most of this just under 3 hour long post civil war western. All I remember were the very long, drawn out dialogue and the gory shooting scenes. I think this was the only Tarantino film that I really didn't care to sit through and watch.

The Hateful Eight. Well, I fell asleep through most of this just under 3 hour long post civil war western. All I remember were the very long, drawn out dialogue and the gory shooting scenes. I think this was the only Tarantino film that I really didn't care to sit through and watch.
Interesting that the gory, violent scenes weren't enough to keep you awake! They are what Tarantino is known for and why I have no interest whatsoever in his films.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom