What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
We went to the Sunday matinee to see the new Star Wars in 3D. We're probably the last two people anywhere who hadn't seen it yet, other than the other 20 people that were there, so maybe 22 of us hadn't seen it. I loved it! DH found it somewhat boring, which I don't quite understand. I'd seen the original first four, but missed all the more recent prequels.

The Revenant is next on the list.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see how well "The Revenent" did tonight on the Golden Globes. It's really a film well worth seeing in our opinions. I love a film of substance, not only drama, that leaves one thinking long after you leave the theater. To me, that's the making of a great film.

Last edited:
...We're probably the last two people anywhere who hadn't seen it yet, other than the other 20 people that were there, so maybe 22 of us hadn't seen it...
We haven't seen it yet either. The plan was to re-watch (or, in some cases, watch) the previous episodes on cold, snowy nights. So far, winter hasn't shown up. By the time we get around to watching the earlier movies, the new one will be on disc. :)

Not really a movie but we have been watching The Man in the High Castle on Amazon.

I think it is 10 installments and we have gotten through 5.

So far, fantastic.

PF, have you read the book? I bet I'd like it a lot as my favorite reading is Historical Drama based on fact. I really hope you see this movie in a theater as the sound and cinematography are stunning!

I've ordered the book, awaiting it's arrival.

We went to the Sunday matinee to see the new Star Wars in 3D. We're probably the last two people anywhere who hadn't seen it yet, other than the other 20 people that were there, so maybe 22 of us hadn't seen it. I loved it! DH found it somewhat boring, which I don't quite understand. I'd seen the original first four, but missed all the more recent prequels.

The Revenant is next on the list.

Star Wars doesn't appeal to me. I saw the first one but that was enough for me. I had to laugh Dawg about the 20 people in the theater with you. There were about 40 people besides us to see The Revenant, and our little theater was packed but it was Sunday. On a week day I'm often there alone or with just a handful of people.

Star Wars doesn't appeal to me. I saw the first one but that was enough for me. I had to laugh Dawg about the 20 people in the theater with you. There were about 40 people besides us to see The Revenant, and our little theater was packed but it was Sunday. On a week day I'm often there alone or with just a handful of people.

We have a fabulous multiplex theater in our little town, Kay. The chairs are so comfortable. It's newish, and we've only been there 3 times, and each time there's only been a handful of people at the movie we're watching. Of course, we skip opening nights for new releases, sure hope they're busier then. My only complaint is that the Dolby sound system is so loud!

Planning a matinee for The Revenant!

I saw the first part of the last Huger Games, whatever it's called. I don't know how many of you are familiar with a propaganda machine. I am intimately familiar with Red propaganda. And I know if I see one. The whole series is Red Propaganda. This one is the worst. Worst propaganda it is. This is probably the first American movie that is so vehemently is anti government, anti capitalism, anti establishment.

P.S. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
We have a fabulous multiplex theater in our little town, Kay. The chairs are so comfortable. It's newish, and we've only been there 3 times, and each time there's only been a handful of people at the movie we're watching. Of course, we skip opening nights for new releases, sure hope they're busier then. My only complaint is that the Dolby sound system is so loud!

Planning a matinee for The Revenant!

Yep, Dawg....that's a gripe of mine, too. It doesn't HAVE to be sooo loud! :ohmy: Takes a good while to get used to it, especially in an action/adventure film. :wacko:

I saw the first part of the last Huger Games, whatever it's called. I don't know how many of you are familiar with a propaganda machine. I am intimately familiar with Red propaganda. And I know if I see one. The whole series is Red Propaganda. This one is the worst. Worst propaganda it is. This is probably the first American movie that is so vehemently is anti government, anti capitalism, anti establishment.

P.S. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

That is just the first movie laying the groundwork for the rest of the movies and the books.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom