What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw this on Facebook earlier today and thought of you, roadfix. Hope you get a chuckle out of it.

d16629ca21dc97c951b319f5925dc757.jpg

LOL.... Funny, that thought has probably come across the ranger's mind as he's seen me up there on 7 separate occasions since November..... He probably thinks I am homeless....

And speaking of which, I just rec'd delivery of my new Warbonnet Ridgerunner hammock earlier today...

Last edited:
I just wish they had found another title for this jewel of a movie. Grrr, I've always hated the term "my old lady" or man for that matter.
Could be worse....some husbands here refer to their wives as "her indoors" :rolleyes:

(Obviously not married to feminists!)
dontlaugh.gif

I have just seen My Old Lady. Quaint, well acted (e.g. Kevin Kline) and it grows on you... I really like how it develops and ends. (Could use some editing). Not particularly my kind of humour but faintly amusing.

I have just seen My Old Lady. Quaint, well acted (e.g. Kevin Kline) and it grows on you... I really like how it develops and ends. (Could use some editing). Not particularly my kind of humour but faintly amusing.

Actually, I didn't find it humorous at all, but an interesting study of an unusual story and very well acted by all. Could use some editing? Hmmm.:mellow: I don't understand that.

Last edited:
We watched 'Concussion' last night. Based on a true story and awesome performance by Wil Smith who plays a pathologist who linked suicidal deaths of retired football players to brain damage from playing football.

We watched "Forever Young" from '92 tonight and I loved it! SC has seen it a couple of times, and the movie was responsible for him adding "fly a B-25" to his bucket list of things to do before you die. He will be checking that off his list on Sat. and I'm so thrilled for him!! Dreams should come true.

Forever Young (1992) - IMDb
I rented it for streaming at Amazon Videos.

Last edited:
Railway Man on Netflix. Excellent movie.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

It was pretty good though I did not like the ending. True story.. blah blah.. didn't like it.

We watched Child 44 the other night, well told story.

We watched "Forever Young" from '92 tonight and I loved it! SC has seen it a couple of times, and the movie was responsible for him adding "fly a B-25" to his bucket list of things to do before you die. He will be checking that off his list on Sat. and I'm so thrilled for him!! Dreams should come true.

Forever Young (1992) - IMDb
I rented it for streaming at Amazon Videos.

Good for him. He goes after his dreams. I hope the flight is everything he has been dreaming of. :angel:

Just watched again that old film 'Avanti' with Jack Lemmon and Juliet Mills.
(Anyone remember that one?) I could provide the free online link upon request.

I remembered it very fondly but, although very good was not as excellent as I recalled. Still brilliantly acted, fast paced and highly amusing though. The soundtrack music really adds to the feel of the situation.

Last edited:
We went to see a matinee of "Deadpool". Good gravy, it is hilarious! One liner and one liner after another! If you laugh, you'll miss one! Not for the kidlets, much violence and a bit of nudity, but it is crazy funny!

DH and I both agreed, we'll have to see it again to figure out what we missed!

After mentioning that he'd seen it on base while he was in the army...many moons ago, we watched Love Story. I'd never seen it and only knew that Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw were in it. Oh, my! Sad, sweet story.

I told Glenn he should have warned me that it would make me cry.

Back
Top Bottom