What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw Love Story at a base theater also back when it first came out and recently saw it again on streaming video. I love the soundtrack.
But what did you think of the actual film? Presumably liked it to go and see it again.

I did like the film but wished they had another female lead other than Ali MacGraw. The way she cried/showed pain just kept reminding me of a spoilt kid that didn't get their way, i.e. for (unconvincing) effect.

I am surprised that quite a few people don't seem to get the message of the film i.e. "love means never having to say you're sorry".

I remember going to see it at the cinema with my, then, boyfriend. At one part he was totally motionless for a long time.....I thought he had been profoundly affected by it. However, turns out he had cramp! :rolleyes: I guess it was slightly romantic in as much as he suffered silently so as not to spoil my enjoyment.

I watched 'The Great Gatsby' on Netflix last night.....the one with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. I first saw this film back in the 70's. After watching the latest version of the movie a couple yrs ago I really didn't care for this 1974 version.

This. I actually liked her character. I also liked her in 'Goodbye Columbus'.....haven't seen that film in decades.
Yes I liked her character. It's the way she acted the pain/crying that grated....reminded me of a spoilt kid not getting their way e.g. the pouty (almost sulky) lips.

The Academy Awards will be tomorrow. It has always been my "Super Bowl" Sunday and I'll start watching the coverage here at 3:00 pm tomorrow.
I've seen several of the nominated movies and that always makes it more fun. I've been wanting to see "Room" so today I watched it on PPV and it was tremendous, much more than I ever expected. I hope it does well tomorrow.

Will anyone but me be watching the Oscars tomorrow??
http://oscar.go.com/news/nominations/oscar-nominations-2016-the-complete-list-of-nominees

Last edited:
We watched Pixels the other night. Kinda dorky but it was funny and fun.

Yup, me, too. I was reluctant to watch but then was taken in.

Frank, I used to hunt Taylor's Island off the Little Chop Tank and miss those trips. I've shot enough geese but miss hunting the ducks.

Kay, I was just going to post about the Academy Awards being on tomorrow but you beat me to it. I'm really looking forward to it - will definitely be glued to the TV and have some nice munchies handy.

Funny you should mention "Room". It looks like a good one. I've been planning to watch that on PPV this afternoon while I'm having my grilled chicken dinner. :)

Kay, I was just going to post about the Academy Awards being on tomorrow but you beat me to it. I'm really looking forward to it - will definitely be glued to the TV and have some nice munchies handy.

Funny you should mention "Room". It looks like a good one. I've been planning to watch that on PPV this afternoon while I'm having my grilled chicken dinner. :)

I'm SOO glad you'll see Room today Cheryl!! I was going to PM you about it!!

I plan to watch the Academy Awards tomorrow! I predict a lot of awards going to "The Revenant".

I plan to watch the Academy Awards tomorrow! I predict a lot of awards going to "The Revenant".
I prefer taping it so I can fast forward a lot of parts that don't interest me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw "Signs" and wanted it to be better than what it was (on its subject matter about crop circles and aliens), i.e. disappointed.

Last night 20/20 had a special called "Journey to the Oscars". "Looking at defining moments in the careers of some of the most notable 2016 nominees...."
Brie Larsen was interviewed and explained why she felt compelled to do this movie, and why it touched her heart. Caution, there are some spoilers in the clip, but I'm still going to watch it. :) I've never heard of her until now, although she played small parts in several movies I've seen.
Matt Damon also weighed in on filming of "The Martian".

Here's the clip to last night's 20/20 interview with Brie.
Brie Larson on Why She Related to Her 'Room' Character: Part 2 Video - ABC News

Last edited:
You're welcome, Kay. Good interviews at that link.

Wow...I'm going to have to watch a comedy after seeing "Room". :ermm::ohmy: Made me want to call all 4 of my little grandsons and tell them I love them and am thankful they're safe, happy, and have a good life. I didn't, but I felt like it. :LOL:

It looks like it was somewhat based on the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping story. The acting was magnificent - that little guy who played Jack deserves an Academy Award of his own, IMO. :ohmy:

You're welcome, Kay. Good interviews at that link.

Wow...I'm going to have to watch a comedy after seeing "Room". :ermm::ohmy: Made me want to call all 4 of my little grandsons and tell them I love them and am thankful they're safe, happy, and have a good life. I didn't, but I felt like it. :LOL:

It looks like it was somewhat based on the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping story. The acting was magnificent - that little guy who played Jack deserves an Academy Award of his own, IMO. :ohmy:

I sure agree about little Jacob Tremblay Cheryl...just remarkable!

Could Jacob Tremblay Win an Oscar For Room? | POPSUGAR Entertainment

We watched "The Chorus" last night on Netflix. It's a fairly recent French film set in the 1950's. It's about a down on his luck guy who has to take a job as a teacher at a boarding school for juvenile delinquents. He starts a chorus against all the odds.

Maybe not a movie, perhaps a documentary but it was fantastic.

It was called A Man Named Pearl and is the story of Pearl Freyar a black gentleman who lives in Bishop, SC and chronicles his creative efforts at beautifying his yard through topiary designs.

Doesn't sound like much, but the story is amazing. We got it through Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom