What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to go outside of my usual movie genre comfort zone and go see 10 Cloverfield Lane at tomorrow's matinee. :huh: I'm usually not a fan of apocalyptic type movies, but this one interests me because of the rave reviews of John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I don't think I've ever heard of her. They sure kept this film under wraps, I just recently heard about it. (I haven't seen Cloverfield from the same producer/director JJ Abrams, so I'm unbiased about the possible relation).

Anyone seen it yet? :)

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - IMDb

"....A young woman wakes up in a basement. It is owned by a man who claims he saved her life after pulling her from her overturned car which violently crashed along the highway. The man states that the world above them is no longer safe and is now a danger zone that threatens the rest of humanity. With no knowledge of what actually lies above and trust running thin between them, the woman questions what's true and what's not. Is the man a delusional psychotic that has a more sinister agenda for her? Or is it really hell on earth above ground like he swears?..."

Last edited:
I watched "Carol" a couple of nights ago. I enjoyed it. It was nominated for a couple of awards for the Academy Awards this year. I really like the setting, as it took place in Cincinnati during the 50's.

Just watched "Due Date" - a comedy with mismatched Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianikis.

It was enjoyable/quirky, unpredictable and often funny!
:cool:

Last edited:
I watched "Fish Tank" last night on Netflix Instant. It's a British film about a troubled teen girl with a terrible mother (and no dad around) in a dysfunctional household. Her lousy mom gets a new boyfriend who shakes things up. Good film -- kinda bleak but nonetheless worth a watch.

Last edited:
We had the library shake the dust off of the original "The Producers" with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. Those blue eyes...

Great film. And speaking of Gene Wilder, we watched Willy Wonka the other day -- a film that is interwoven into the fond memories of my youth.

“Mr. Wonka: "Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted."

Charlie Bucket: "What happened?"

Mr. Wonka: "He lived happily ever after.”

Oh "The Producers" is a hilarious film! One that Mel Brooks rarely topped,
although many feel that "Blazing Saddles" was as good.

Any Mel Brooks movie is hilarious! Robin Hood: Men in Tights is another.

Admittedly, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are my faves.

You're right about that, Dawg. Now I'm wanting to do a Mel Brooks marathon at our house. It will have to wait until later this year. Baseball season starts on Monday and I'll be all in for the next six (and with luck, seven) months.

Himself and I toss lines back and forth from "Young Frankenstein" a lot. Actually, it's not unusual for me to do that. A lot of times I'll use lines from plays and movies in our conversation, not to mention break out into a song as a reply to a question. (I think it annoys him a little, but I still do it. :-p ) However, the fact that he throws a line from "YF" as a reply is hilarious to me. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom