What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh. I do all that too, CG, mostly because DH is easily annoyable. And I'm good at annoying him, just ask him.

We both love Mel Brooks movies and any musicals, I was also in a lot of them back in the day.

Last edited:
You were in Mel Brooks Movies?!? :ohmy: How exciting!

OK, I'm going to guess you meant community shows. Either that, or we could play "you show me your IMBD profile page and I'll show you mine". Yup, I'm on IMBD - one of the guys I met through little theatre had a small production company with his wife. They now do mostly corporate stuff, but way back in my Ohio days he wrote/produced/directed/filmed an independent movie. Both my son and I were in it. Fun stuff.

You're right about that, Dawg. Now I'm wanting to do a Mel Brooks marathon at our house. It will have to wait until later this year. Baseball season starts on Monday and I'll be all in for the next six (and with luck, seven) months.

Himself and I toss lines back and forth from "Young Frankenstein" a lot. Actually, it's not unusual for me to do that. A lot of times I'll use lines from plays and movies in our conversation, not to mention break out into a song as a reply to a question. (I think it annoys him a little, but I still do it. :-p ) However, the fact that he throws a line from "YF" as a reply is hilarious to me. Love it!

Heh. I do all that too, CG, mostly because DH is easily annoyable. And I'm good at annoying him, just ask him.

We both love Mel Brooks movies and any musicals, I was also in a lot of them back in the day.

"Werewolf"...."There wolf" is a standard with Shrek. YF is a staple, so is Blazing Saddles for adding into a conversation. There are so many lines from so many movies that we add in, confuses some people but we know what we are talking about.

I watched 'Misconduct' last night. Anthony Hopkins and Al Pacino were in it and I had a hell of a time following this movie. Camera techinque and film editing reminded me of Roman Polanski & Brian de Palma films but this movie fell way short. Don't waste your time on this.

"The Walk"...... great movie about the French dude who high wire walked between the Twin Towers of the WTC back in 1974.

I also watched the documentary, "Man On Wire", several months ago on Netflix about the same subject.

What did you not like about it, RF? Just curious - I was going to go see it a couple of weeks ago but decided not to.

Just to be fair I'm going to watch the movie again over the weekend. My internet speed was slow last night and had trouble streaming the movie, beginning to end. It was just annoying as the picture and sound quality were terrible, with sound and video out of sync.
But I really liked the guy's underground bunker though....

I haven't seen this yet...the new Jungle Book, but my facility is having an employee +1 movie day. They have contracted with the theater to have a matinee showing on the 23rd of two movies, not sure yet what the other movie is. But, we do know the Jungle Book, I am so excited! We get in for free and free concessions.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Jungle Book too! I've loved all the previous versions, especially the Disney one.

"Look for the bear necessities..."

Last edited:
Son of Saul. It was a Hungarian film about Jewish prisoners forced to help the Nazis in the concentration camps. The film, mostly from these prisoners' points of view were gut wrenching to watch.

I haven't seen this yet...the new Jungle Book, but my facility is having an employee +1 movie day. They have contracted with the theater to have a matinee showing on the 23rd of two movies, not sure yet what the other movie is. But, we do know the Jungle Book, I am so excited! We get in for free and free concessions.

I am sure you have some patients that won't be able to attend. It would be nice if the 'home' could set up a screen so all the patients can have a nice afternoon.

Perhaps I am reading your post wrong. I am assuming the patients will be going to the theatre. Either way, it will be a great day for them. Congratulations to your Management for caring so much for their patients happiness and well being. :angel:

I am sure you have some patients that won't be able to attend. It would be nice if the 'home' could set up a screen so all the patients can have a nice afternoon.

Perhaps I am reading your post wrong. I am assuming the patients will be going to the theatre. Either way, it will be a great day for them. Congratulations to your Management for caring so much for their patients happiness and well being. :angel:

It's an Employee only event. The patients have their own Surround Sound theater in the facility, but they have to wait for the Blu-Ray.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom