What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw "Finding Dory" with a friend a couple weeks ago. It was cute and kept my attention.

Today we went to see "The Secret Life of Pets" and had lunch after again. It was good, had some funny moments. I don't have kids, but there were a couple of scenes that I thought might be too intense for young children. But I guess kids see a lot these days.

For lunch, I had a cantaloupe-fresh mozzarella-prosciutto sandwich on French bread with basil mayo. Good stuff :yum:

Last edited:
Marauders with Bruce Willis in it. I ended up turning it off. Why can't they just make a good bank heist movie without it turning into a major conspiracy movie all the time?

We sort of freaked out, CBS had a Sunday movie instead of infomercials, started at 11 am. It was Airforce One, with Harrison Ford and Glenn Close. Fascinating, and very timely. From 1997, had never seen it.

Oh yes I loved Benjamin Button too Bliss! That was a remarkable movie the way it was made!

I also enjoyed Ellen Burstyn playing the daughter of Adaline. Will we ever forget her in yet another wonerful aging move, Same Time Next Year with Allen Alda?

Last edited:
I just finished watching another Harrison Ford movie Dawg. This is more recent called The Age of Adaline, and I loved it. https://www.amazon.com/Age-Adaline-...1_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MDH1N8CY1DX0G2VNGHTB

If anyone shares my love of the old Christopher Reeves movie Somewhere In Time, The Age of Adaline is a must see.

That sounds like a wonderful movie, Kay - thanks for the link. :) I LOVE Somewhere in Time also, and have seen it several times. It's been a while though and I have the DVD, maybe I'll pop it in the player tonight and watch it again. Great movie. :heart:

Went to see Star Trek last night. I end up going for the last showing at 10:20, I think I may have fallen asleep some time during the last part of the movie. Will have to go again. This time when I am not so tired.
As far as review goes, I think I liked this one the least out of three.

Went to see "Star Trek Beyond" last night in full-blown IMAX 3D. The theater I went to even serves wine by the glass, so I took advantage of that as well.

So I will just say right off the bat that I am a die hard Star Trek fan and have been for 50 years now. Of the three most recent JJ Abram Trek movies, I would have to agree with CharlieD that "Beyond" is probably the weakest. But, despite a couple of glaring plot holes and overly cheesy moments, I still found it entertaining. It had plenty of action, humor, and interesting alien species - everything you expect in a Trek film.

I also have to say that 3D technology has really come into its own. The theater I went to just started using new glasses that are much lighter in weight (and non-headache inducing) than the previous versions. I thought the 3D quality of the film was absolutely seamless and had beautiful clarity on the huge screen. After a few minutes I totally forgot it was in 3D and felt immersed in the experience. Same thing when I saw "The Life of Pets" last week. Hard to believe you can feel like you are enveloped in a 3D cartoon world, but you can.

Last edited:
Went to see "Star Trek Beyond" last night in full-blown IMAX 3D. The theater I went to even serves wine by the glass, so I took advantage of that as well.

So I will just say right off the bat that I am a die hard Star Trek fan and have been for 50 years now. Of the three most recent JJ Abram Trek movies, I would have to agree with CharlieD that "Beyond" is probably the weakest. But, despite a couple of glaring plot holes and overly cheesy moments, I still found it entertaining. It had plenty of action, humor, and interesting alien species - everything you expect in a Trek film.

I also have to say that 3D technology has really come into its own. The theater I went to just started using new glasses that are much lighter in weight (and non-headache inducing) than the previous versions. I thought the 3D quality of the film was absolutely seamless and had beautiful clarity on the huge screen. After a few minutes I totally forgot it was in 3D and felt immersed in the experience. Same thing when I saw "The Life of Pets" last week. Hard to believe you can feel like you are enveloped in a 3D cartoon world, but you can.

I also saw it in 3-D. Have to agree 3-D is definitely great nowadays. Especially for a movie with so many special effects it adds a lot to the experience.

Oh, my! We had such a wonderful time watching The Legend of Bagger Vance, which we had recorded quite a while ago.

I knew it was something about golf, which really doesn't do much for either of us, but the cast included Matt Damon and Will Smith, so we added it to our queue.

Boy, oh boy! It was so much more than good old golf. We both loved it. Don't miss it.

I know this western movie is old. I saw it the TCM channel the other night. "Support Your Local Sheriff", starring James Garner and Joan Hackett and Walter Brennen and Jack Elam. James Garner acts cool and smooth as the new sheriff in a mining town. Joan Hackett is pretty (her character is smitten with the new handsome sheriff) and Walter Brennen is perfect as the mean, ornery patriarch of the family without much brains.

Here's a scene I like. Joan Hackett is more than happy to deliver lunch to James Garner at the sheriff's office. Watch out tho...a string of bad men want to challenge the new fast draw sheriff.

https://vimeo.com/176516898

Last edited:
I love btoh Bagger Vance and Support Your Local Sheriff...they are both great movies. Besides...James Garner....swooooon....

We went to the Sunday matinee of Finding Dory. It was OK, but we both liked Finding Nemo better.

We were two of four in the theater.

In my hammock while camping last night I watched Pawn Sacrifice. Fascinating film about Bobby Fischer, the famous chess player.
The film covered his childhood chess playing years up to becoming Grand Champion and ultimately defeating the Soviet World Champion. And of course, his psychological issues was a major focal point in this film.

Back
Top Bottom