What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the advice of the DC members, I got American Sniper from the library. Loved it! Tonight I will be watching The Hundred Foot Journey with Helen Mirren. :angel:

Via a Netflix DVD, I tried to watch '127 Hours'. After watching James Franco bounding over the rocky landscape being about as ebullient as you can get, I bailed on the movie just after he became stuck. Just couldn't watch any more, having heard how he gets unstuck.

Next night I watched 'Miller's Crossing,' starts out slowly, but builds into a satsifying (if you like the Coen brothers) film noir-ish movie. Featured a couple of my favorite actors -- Marcia Gay Harden and John Turturro.

Having a duvet day today and watching television. I found "Pimpernel Smith" with Leslie Howard (Ashley Wilkes in "Gone With The Wind"). Black and white and made in 1941 but set in 1939 just before the invasion of Poland. Smith is an archaeology professor using digs in Germany to spirit people out of the country. Absolute hokum and full of speeche about England and freedom but great for raising moral in the dark days of 1941.

The night before I'd been watching "Yanks" (an early Richard Gere outing). It was of special interest as much of the filming took place on location in the north west of England around where I live. Scenes were shot on location in Oldham, Glossop, Stalybridge, Stockport and other surrounding areas. I live near Stockport and Tetley the Wonder Horse lives at Glossop. My mother told me, years ago, that the scenes at the dance where a black soldier danced with a white local girl and caused a riot and afterwards all the English girls went and asked the black soldiers to dance as a matter of principle, actually occured in a dance hall in another part of england. The scene was filmed in the Town Hall at Hyde, where I used to live.

Last edited:
Last night we watched a 1981 movie, The French Lieutenant's Woman. We were happy we didn't pay money to see it in the theater. I remember there being a lot of hype about it when it came out. Don't understand why.

We watched it all the way through because we kept hoping it would go somewhere or have some substance.

It starred Jeremy Irons and Meryl Streep when they were YOUNG, oh boy, were they young!

Last night we watched a 1981 movie, The French Lieutenant's Woman. We were happy we didn't pay money to see it in the theater. I remember there being a lot of hype about it when it came out. Don't understand why.

We watched it all the way through because we kept hoping it would go somewhere or have some substance.

It starred Jeremy Irons and Meryl Streep when they were YOUNG, oh boy, were they young!
I'm with you on "The F L's Woman".

Going to see the new Woody Allan film on Monday - "Cafe Society". Watch this space.

I love our old-fashioned, proper cinema. It knocks spots off the big modern multi-plexes. An old-fashioned cinema with lots of leg room and much of the original art deco decoration which has been carefully cared for by the private owners of the cinema (only 2 owners in the 60 years I've been going to it) and ice creams in the interval brought round by the usherettes (yes, we have those too).

Last movie I saw was maze runner, a totally OK movie, seen better but I enjoyed it.

Sadly I cant sit in cinemas anymore since I cant sit still for a whole movie, so it me in the couch at home.

Last movie I saw was maze runner, a totally OK movie, seen better but I enjoyed it.

Sadly I cant sit in cinemas anymore since I cant sit still for a whole movie, so it me in the couch at home.

You can list any movie you have watched, doesn't have to be seen in the theater.:)

We went and saw Sully today.

Another Tom Hanks winner! "The miracle on the Hudson" was perfectly depicted and beautifully directed by Clint Eastwood. It's a nail biter with the details, and we were both on the edge of our seats. Not to be missed!!
If you can see it in a theater, it's well worth the full "impact".

Kay....funny you should mention that. I was going to go see Sully at the matinee today, but decided I'd grill instead and go see it tomorrow. Then daughter called and asked me if I'd watch Tyler tomorrow so she and hubby could have a lunch and movie date, of course I said yes. :ermm::LOL:

I won't be able to see it until next weekend, because Tyler comes over after school. Been really looking forward to it, and glad to hear it got a good review from you. I'm a big Tom Hanks fan and this one looks like a good one!

You're going to love Sully Cheryl. There's so much more to the story to keep it even more intriguing than the story we all saw on the news. It was so very well done and moving, it was quite emotional. What a pleasure to see a feel good flick!

I knew I should've gone to see it today while I had the chance! Looking forward to it. There haven't been any good films at the theater in quite some time. (IMO)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom