What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Maze Runner. It was a good movie. Not great. Reminded me in some of the scenes and some of the sound/music of The Hunger Games. It begs for the sequel at the end.

The Maze Runner. It was a good movie. Not great. Reminded me in some of the scenes and some of the sound/music of The Hunger Games. It begs for the sequel at the end.

I did not see that one. But I so the sequel. Kind of wrong way of doing it. But it was free on cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Just watched ``'`i t `happpened one night with Clark Gable and Claudette Cobert ...........still loved it..........and `i've totally given up on this stupid computer`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````':mad::mad::mad:

Omigosh, I love that movie. It's one of my favorites and so funny/sexy/sweet.

I picked up two "debate night" DVDs at the library on Monday. Tuesday evening we watched "Arsenic and Old Lace". Laughed my bee-hind off during the entire thing! I've never seen the movie, only the staged play. Cary Grant's mugging was priceless. :LOL:

This was the first play we had ever taken our kids to, when they were middle-school-age-ish. Small community playhouse. When it was over, our son was out of his seat like a bullet, off to talk to the cast and to find out details about auditioning for plays. Meanwhile, Loverly was wandering all around the stage, checking out the set design and props. They might be twins, but the birth circumstances are the only similarity between them.

We watched Fantastic 4 last night from 2015. How many versions of that movie did they make?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We watched Xmen The Apocolypse on the weekend. I like how they tie in little details like how Xavier lost his hair and Logan escaping from Striker. I found it a little gorier than previous Xmen movies - yes they are all violent, and Logan has hacked people up, but you don't usually see that much blood.

My daughter and I watched "Tangled" I love animated and it was good.

Then we watched "Deadpool" & loved it! Laughed all the way thru, even more than 'Tangled'.

When I watch a movie I want to come away with a smile on my face. Ridiculous violence I don't mind - it is fake, but

stupid, sadistic, realistic violence I do not like - it has no place in my entertainment category. It is not entertainment, it is a horrific glorification of what is quite possibly true.

Deadpool is one of my faves! Absolutely hilarious, and totally inappropriate!

Last edited:
We watched a really, really old one: Lilies of the Field. Glenn had never seen it and by the time we were halfway through, he was building a "shappel" along with Homer and good old Mother Superior.

Last edited:
13 hours the secret soldiers of Benghazi. I found this to be a very powerful and emotional movie. Very violent but to see what these people went through was horrible. The men who wanted to help but were held back by politics and bureaucrats. IT was crazy. You couldn't make this up. It sucks you in. You get scared them mad then scared again.
As good a movie as American sniper except you wont cry at the end. Or maybe you will. Its a good one.

I seen the revenant also. IT was pretty good I guess. Wife liked it.

13 hours the secret soldiers of Benghazi. I found this to be a very powerful and emotional movie. Very violent but to see what these people went through was horrible. The men who wanted to help but were held back by politics and bureaucrats. IT was crazy. You couldn't make this up. It sucks you in. You get scared them mad then scared again.
As good a movie as American sniper except you wont cry at the end. Or maybe you will. Its a good one.

You know that movie is fiction and not a documentary, right? It doesn't portray what actually happened.

THE HARROWING
TRUE ACCOUNT FROM
THE BRAVE MEN ON THE
GROUND WHO FOUGHT BACK
DURING THE BATTLE OF BENGHAZI
13 HOURS presents, for the first time ever, the true account of the events of September 11, 2012, when terrorists attacked the US State Department Special Mission Compound and a nearby CIA station called the Annex in Benghazi, Libya. ***

13 HOURS is a stunning, eye-opening, and intense book — but most importantly, it is the truth. The story of what happened to these men — and what they accomplished — is unforgettable.
Mitchell Zuckoff is the author of six previous nonfiction books, including the New York Times bestsellers Lost in Shangri-La and Frozen in Time, and a professor of journalism at Boston University. The Annex Security Team consists of six CIA contract operators who responded to the September 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi.

All movies will take "poetic license" somewhere for the selling value but they are telling a story based on true facts.

Last night we watched Paul Newman in The Color of Money. It was an old movie and had Tom Cruise and Forest Whitaker when they were, literally, little boys...in their early 20s. Still such a good movie and Newman would cause me to crawl over broken glass toward those blue eyes even in his 60s. Be still my heart!

THE HARROWING
TRUE ACCOUNT FROM
THE BRAVE MEN ON THE
GROUND WHO FOUGHT BACK
DURING THE BATTLE OF BENGHAZI
13 HOURS presents, for the first time ever, the true account of the events of September 11, 2012, when terrorists attacked the US State Department Special Mission Compound and a nearby CIA station called the Annex in Benghazi, Libya. ***

13 HOURS is a stunning, eye-opening, and intense book — but most importantly, it is the truth. The story of what happened to these men — and what they accomplished — is unforgettable.
Mitchell Zuckoff is the author of six previous nonfiction books, including the New York Times bestsellers Lost in Shangri-La and Frozen in Time, and a professor of journalism at Boston University. The Annex Security Team consists of six CIA contract operators who responded to the September 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi.

All movies will take "poetic license" somewhere for the selling value but they are telling a story based on true facts.

Where did that quote come from? Sounds like breathless marketing copy to me. The book and movie are based on a few facts; it also misrepresents much of what happened.

Check this out. Even the Republican-led Congressional committees that investigated the attack said that nothing could have been done to save the lives of those lost: http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/01/20/13-hours-how-accurate-is-the-benghazi-movie/

Last edited:
Even the Republican-led Congressional committees that investigated the attack said that nothing could have been done to save the lives of those lost: ’13 Hours’: How accurate is the Benghazi movie? – The Mercury News

As pretty much every American made movie I've seen have taken "a poetic licence" in production, I am sure so did this one. I actually have not seen it. And the fact that the lost lives could not have been saved at that particular moment, I do not have any doubts about that. However the honor of our embassador (who was rapped and burned with a catlle prod) and his life and lives of other could have been saved, would powers that eb have done what they supposed to have done prior to the incident.
Sad story no matter what, no matter how you look at it.

Stumbled on "Contraband" last night. Free on cable. The movies was so bad that it was only at the very end that I remembered that I have seen it before. I guess I had to put it out of my mind. Hope to forget it very soon once again. What a waste of two hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom