What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Family get together movie marathon on Xmas Day....
Rogue One.....not much of a Star Wars fan but sat through this movie.
Patriots Day.....griping movie about the Boston Marathon bombing, we enjoyed it.
Denial.....so so, British court room drama about the Jewish Holocaust.

I don't think I will be able to watch Patriot's Day. There has been a lot of comment that it is too soon to make this movie. And I think it is right. Our wounds are still raw and the memories are still fresh in our minds.

went to see Sing, upon youngest daughter request. I really did not want to go. Judging by trailer I thought it was stupid. Oh, my :ohmy: was I embarrassed to admit how much I loved it. :wub:

Land Girls -- BBC period drama on Netflix

Wife and I started watching "Land Girls" a few days ago on Netflix. It's a BBC period drama set in WW2 England about the Women's Land Army. British women worked the farms and ranches because most of the men were involved with the war. It sort of focuses on 4 or 5 of the young women who come out to a country estate owned by a royal (minor royals) I think (Lord and his Lady?). All 15 episodes of it are on Netflix Instant. It's really an entertaining program. Wife wanted to watch "Downton Abbey", but it's not on Netflix so this sort of is a good substitute.

Last edited:
Wife and I started watching "Land Girls" a few days ago on Netflix. It's a BBC period drama set in WW2 England about the Women's Land Army. British women worked the farms and ranches because most of the men were involved with the war. It sort of focuses on 4 or 5 of the young women who come out to a country estate owned by a royal (minor royals) I think (Lord and his Lady?). All 15 episodes of it are on Netflix Instant. It's really an entertaining program. Wife wanted to watch "Downton Abbey", but it's not on Netflix so this sort of is a good substitute.

Thanks for mentioning that - sounds really interesting.

Downton Abbey is on Amazon Prime Video if you have that.

The next documentary I looked at is Best Kept Secret:

VUDU - Watch Movies

If you sign up for a free Vudu account you can watch this documentary for free with ads which is what I did.

The documentary is about NJ teacher Janet Mino at Newark's JFK High School which is a special school that deals with special needs kids with various medical problems. Janet is dealing with kids with various levels of autism and one student with just down's syndrome. They mainly look at three of her students in her graduating class in this documentary. They will all be turning 21 and will be forced out of the system.

Janet really cares for these students. As we go through the final school year we see the small triumphs of these students like writing or typing their name. Learning about Oprah and Obama. We also see Janet going around town trying to find programs and jobs for these students which was not that easy to do.

Janet really wants more for her students that what she can find for them. She does find some adult day programs students they can go to.

The best student in the class is Erik who is the least autistic of the bunch. She tried to find some work for him at a local Burger King, but that did not work out so well in the end.

The documentary is a must see as it touches on a subject you just do not get to see talked about much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lplNwi4KkR8

Last night we viewed our Netflix choice of Olympus Has Fallen, which definitely held our interest and, at times, had us on the edge of our seats.

Tonight we followed with London Has Fallen, which was just as good as he first offering. Lots of action and, again, at times we were at the edge of our seats.

Highly recommend both.

I just finished watching the 1963 movie "The Haunting" with Julie Harris. I saw that as a child and I've loved it ever since. To me, that is a really scary movie, but with none of the gore and hysteria of movies today.

Just came back from Fantastic Beasts. Enjoyed it a lot. There 5 more to come. One thing, and I know my wife not the only one that hates me for it, but I get so involved and emotional, I scream, ok maybe not scream, comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Lol, Chuck. They can't hear you, you know.

DW and I watched A Blast From the Past tonight.

It's a really cute movie. I wish I could dance like Brendan Faser. And the Honus Wagner card on the top of his pile of cards was a funny touch that was overlooked.
My old neighbor has a box like that with 5 Mickey Mantle rookie cards.

Pirate and I spent tonight watching Kundun The story about the Dalia Lama. Rather slow at the beginning, but interesting. I wanted to reach into the screen and slap that spoiled little brat. Pirate yelling at me to calm down, it is just a story.

Some Like It Hot is on. It has been so many years since I watched it. I wanted to watch it tonight. But I am tired and think I would fall asleep right in the middle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom