What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the theater, rogue one; at home return of the jedi. yes, my husband says he is star warsed out. I on the other hand, am not. I find his lack of interest disturbing.

If I could, I would watch Star Wars (any movie) every day. I love that Universe.

Got Sully finally! When I first put my name down for it, I was 78 on the list. I will be watching it today sometime.

Don't you hate it when you need to sleep and one of your favourite all time movies comes on? I should have been asleep hours ago, but then Jeremiah Johnson was on AMC.

I so badly want to go camping now. In the snow, by myself, like I used to so many times when I was younger.

There's something about the solitude in the forest in winter. Just walking into the mountains alone, in the snow, until it's far enough. Setting up camp, cutting and splitting wood, getting the fire going, making a hot meal, drinking wine warmed in a goat skin because beer and water freezes, and watching the early sun set over a ridge. The only sounds are the wind in the trees, and your own heart beat.

I might catch that upcoming movie "The Founder" about Ray Kroc, the "founder" of McDonalds as we know it today. I don't necessarily like Michael Keaton. That part may fit him the way I don't necessarily like him. Like in Beetlejuice. Ha!

Last edited:
I finally watched this movie tonight. I loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I'm so glad you loved it too RF. With a cast and story like that, I'm surprised that it was not a blockbuster hit in 2012! Sometimes some of the best movies like The Words just slip through the Hollyweird cracks. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm so glad you loved it too RF. With a cast and story like that, I'm surprised that it was not a blockbuster hit in 2012! Sometimes some of the best movies like The Words just slip through the Hollyweird cracks. :cool:

Yes, it was a wonderful film.
There's not enough romantics in this world, even 'Somewhere in Time' (another one of my favorites) didn't do too well at the box office either.

The newest documentary I watched was Joe's Violin. This documentary was nominated this year for an Oscar for best documentary short.

You can view it here for free:

Watch The Screening Room | Joe’s Violin | The New Yorker Video | CNE

The running time is under 25 minutes.

What makes this documentary so special is Joe and his life story. The documentary is also about a donated violin and who got the donated violin, but without Joe this documentary does not exist.

I certainly say this documentary is worth the watch for Joe. It was also nicely produced and edited as well.

I wish everyone would go to the movies to see "Hidden Figures". We both loved it!!

I lived through those times totally unaware of the roll black women had in NASA. It was a real eye opener and a fantastic true story every American should see.

Hidden Figures (2017) | Fandango

This is playing now at my local theater....I'm really hoping to go see it! Thank you for the reviews, Kay. :)

Did you like it, Addie? :)

Yes I did. I made the mistake of listening (or being put off) by what other viewers had to say. So I was expecting to see streams and streams of newsreel films. The director knew we all had seen for a few days all the news reels over and over again. So he didn't spend too much time with that. What the story told was the aftermath of what Sully had to go through to prove that his decision was the right one. Well worth watching. Reminds you of what jerks there are in this world. And Sully isn't one of them.

The newest documentary I watched was Joe's Violin. This documentary was nominated this year for an Oscar for best documentary short.

You can view it here for free:

Watch The Screening Room | Joe’s Violin | The New Yorker Video | CNE

The running time is under 25 minutes.

What makes this documentary so special is Joe and his life story. The documentary is also about a donated violin and who got the donated violin, but without Joe this documentary does not exist.

I certainly say this documentary is worth the watch for Joe. It was also nicely produced and edited as well.

All I can say is OMG! What a powerful story! I hope it wins an Oscar. Thanks Kleenix.

Back
Top Bottom