What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We saw "Fences" with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Friday. It was mesmerizing - really well done.

If you watch "Grimm," you'll also recognize Russell Hornsby, who plays Hank.

Last edited:
Forgot to post the pictures of the inside of the theater. It's a great place to watch a movie. There are phones on the tables that you use to call the kitchen with your order and the wait staff are very good at delivering the food, etc., in the dark without being obtrusive.

We had a great time.

http://www.commodoretheatre.com/
0217171844_HDR.jpg0217171844a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
We watched Four Brothers last night. A really mesmerizing movie. A lot of violence, but without it, you had no story. It was about three fully grown black boys and two white ones who were adopted as foster children by a white woman. When she is murdered, they avenge her death.

Pirate and I have such different tastes in movies. But every so often he comes up with a good one. Now I am waiting for Spike to pick up The Final Hours/I] on the recommendation of someone here. I have a soft spot for the Coast Guard and the men who serve in it.

A 2008 Western, Appaloosa, starring Ed Harris & Viggo Mortensen, with Jeremy Irons playing a smarmy bad guy. Very good, I thought. My only quibble was the casting of Rene Zellweger as the femme fatale.

A couple of nights ago, watched Gosford Park. What a wonderful cast! Written by Downtown Abbey author, Julian Fellowes.

Both Netflix DVDs.

Hi, taxy! Good to see ya!

We watched "Truman" last night. Slowly but surely we're catching up on movies we've wanted to see...since 1995. We're a little slow.

It was hard to tell Gary Sinise from Harry Truman as the movie progressed. He's such a good actor. Having done theatre as an old woman before I was old, I was especially impressed with the aging that the make-up department accomplished. Both Harry and Bess really looked like they had aged in real life.

Oh my gosh. I have the Xfinity, so there are free movies one can watch "On Demand". I made a mistake of watching Don Jon. It had good ratings, it had Scarlet Johanesen (whom I don't like), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (whom I lke) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (whom I like even more). Oh my gosh (did I say that already?) this movie could not have been worse or more stupid than it was. I kept waiting for some sort of ... I don't even know what.... Stupid, stupid, stupid. Stay as far away as you can if you ever run across this movie.

Just got done watching Lion.
Yes, I went to see it at the "Pictures" last week. The first half was a bit long-winded (thank goodness for the interval & the ice cream lady in our old-fashioned cinema) but it perked up a bit in the second half and the ending explained all.

True story

Yes, I went to see it at the "Pictures" last week. The first half was a bit long-winded (thank goodness for the interval & the ice cream lady in our old-fashioned cinema) but it perked up a bit in the second half and the ending explained all.

True story

We didn't have sub-titles but we got the gist of what was happening during the first half of the movie in India.
Great movie, and I had no idea it was a true story until the very end of the movie. They did a great job with Nicole Kidman, very close resemblance to the Australian mom.
I used about a third of a box of tissues on this movie...

Funny thing, I used to do the same thing using Google Earth to locate and explore my childhood home and neighborhood from 50 years ago, 6000 miles away.

Last edited:
I just finished watching The Monuments Men. I had high expectations, due to the high level of the cast. I was not disappointed. That was a good movie.

CD

Okay I just a saw a great feelgood docu-dramedy called Circle the Wagen. You can watch this for free at VUDU and based on the trailer it won a bunch of awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Rpa_4w_eY

VUDU - Watch Movies

The documentary is about one guy and his love for a 1972 rusted blue VW Bus that he attempts to get to from Iowa all the way to California going through route 66.

The two people that take the journey in the bus meet a lot of people along the way that just love the VW and have to help out numerous times just to get the bus working again.

It took a very long time just to get the bus to California.

I just do not think think the bus will ever get restored to look brand new though.

Fifty Shades Darker. Not enough eroticism this time....it was ok...

Just saw it, too. I think I was spending more time on comparing it to the first one. Read all the books. Also feel like this one was more about building/understanding Christian.

Sure do like his "pad." Beautiful place. Not much for heights and glass but this is loverly. Too bad it's not for real...or is it?:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom