"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #3711
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
what are the best lines in that movie?
One of the better theaters here has 'dinner and a movie'......they serve you during the movie.......it's neat!

Has anyone seen the Girl with the Tattoo--my son is afraid that it is too racy for me?
Haven't seen the movie but I've read the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and loved it. It's part of a trilogy and, as far as I'm concerned, all are great.

I don't know if I'd classify the story as racy, but it does have it's somewhat unusual moments. The "girl" is, to me, very fascinating. She doesn't think like the rest of us. You do have to have an open mind, though, when it comes to any of the three books. I loved them anyway and was sad to learn that the author died before he wrote any more stories with the characters. He was very talented.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #3712
Head Chef

thanks Katie H---I wish I had time to read the books first........but since I don't, and we are going tomorrow, I'm looking forward to the movie from your description.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #3713
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have decided to NOT see the movie, I love Daniel Craig, but I just can't see him as Blomquist. Also, I love the books as written, I'm afraid I would not like a mangled script.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #3714
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i worked as an usher in a movie theater when "raiders of the lost arc" was first shown. i can do almost every line from that movie. in fact, my buddy and i used to re-enact the movie in the lobby as it was playing while everyone was seated, lol.

that was back before megaplexes, when theaters were single, huge screens in a gigantic room replete with balconies. now movie theaters are getting closer to peep shows, or watching a movie in a long, descending hallway.
I worked at a movie theater when it came out also. WOW I hated walking the house when Rocky Horror was playing!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #3715
Master Chef

Auntie Mame
Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #3716
Head Chef

I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, It was fairly good. I'd recommend it.

I watche a movie on tv, I think it was called A Man in the Forrest, Or Left in the Forrest but it was good. It was on late and I fell asleep on it. I hate I didn't see the ending. But it was about a hunter, i think he was a hunter, that was maulded by an animal and left for dead by his own people.

I also watched a movie called Equilibrium. I liked it ok. I'd recommend it. It had some unexpectant turns in it..
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #3717
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Auntie Mame
I love that movie!

Last night we watched "Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD". It is a Dr. Who movie with Peter Cushing made in 1966.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #3718
Head Chef

Last night was Frenzy, an old Alfred Hitchcock film. Cracking good! When it was over, the plain old TV stuff was such a letdown.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #3719
Cook

Watched The Other Guys last night. Kinda funny. Generally like Whalberg & Farrel is good as long as he's not the only focus in the movie. No regrets.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #3720
Senior Cook

We need to talk about kevin- I was very moved by this film. I didn't read the book prior to seeing the film but it was very well made in my opinion.