What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched "No Escape" 2015 on Netflix tonight. Holy moley...if you like an edge of the seat, nail chewing thriller this is it! We were both exhausted when it was over. Durn good flick!

Thank you Kayelle. My husband had been hiding in the cellar of a French Resistance family. They had previous word that the English were going to issue an order for their soldiers and others to be rescued. At first they were going to send only the Navy. But the Resistance radioed England about how many soldiers had become stranded. That is when Churchill sent out the order for ALL boats, regardless of size or purpose to get across the channel and help in the rescue operation. The children in the family were told to play outside near the door, but to keep an eye on the channel. When they saw all the boats coming, they notified their family. That is when my husband came up from the cellar and headed for the coast. The family gave him two bottles of wine. He was up to his neck in the water and was determined he was NOT GOING TO LOSE THOSE TWO BOTTLES. He almost drowned trying to get into a rescue boat while holding on to those bottles. Someone managed to get him in the boat. And he brought the wine back to England with him.

He later was sent back into battle in India. He was captured, escaped, got back to England and sent back into battle. Captured again, back to England. This time he was assigned to being a messenger on a bicycle around London. To send him back, if the Germans found out that he had been captured and escaped twice, they would have shot him on the spot.

He never said a word of what it was like in battle. Just that he did kill some Germans. That was all he would say.
Best story that I have ever read on a cooking forum!

Went to Valerian yesterday. If it was not for fancy chairs and 3D movie, it would have been a total waste of time. Do not recommend to watch this at home. 3D at least creates nice view.

Just saw Dunkirk. I do not know how you guys did not like it. I thought it was absolutely amazing. Christopher Nolan has a great film vision and has done it again with another classic.

King's Choice. I watched it three times. It is about the three days in April 1940 when the King of Norway had to make a decision and then went to England. I watched it German. Then with my Mom with English subtitles and then with my Dad with the Norwegian subtitles. Uff day.

Decided to take out my CD of "Twelve Angry Men with Henry Fonda. Pirate had never seen it. He was asking me about Studio One. I explain that it was shown "live" and if a piece of scenery fell, they just went on with the story. Live meant just that. "Live". I also told him that Twelve Angry Men was first broadcast live.

It had him riveted.

Last night, DH went to bed early and I sat up and watch "August: Osage County" with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts on Netflix.
WOW!
That was, um, disturbing, unnerving, real, riveting, and a horrible ending.
You invest all this time, energy and emotion on these characters and they leave you hanging.. yeah and, what happened to ...
The thing is I had wanted to see this film when it first came out back in 2013 and never did for one reason or another... now I'm glad that I didn't pay big bucks in the movie theater!

Last night, DH went to bed early and I sat up and watch "August: Osage County" with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts on Netflix.
WOW!
You invest all this time, energy and emotion on these characters and they leave you hanging.. yeah and, what happened to ...
The thing is I had wanted to see this film when it first came out back in 2013 and never did for one reason or another... now I'm glad that I didn't pay big bucks in the movie theater!
I liked the movie. Not as much as I liked the play.

WOW!

Boy you said that perfectly Sista, and I actually paid the bucks to see it. :(

Sadly in the last 10 or so years there are very few movies that are worth spending any money on. As of late the only movies I go to movie theater to see are the ones with special effects that are just not the same when watching on a regular TV.

HA! :LOL:

Sadly in the last 10 or so years there are very few movies that are worth spending any money on. As of late the only movies I go to movie theater to see are the ones with special effects that are just not the same when watching on a regular TV.

I agree Charlie!
DH and his buddy Mr. Dear Friend went to see Dunkirk and they both said that the volume was so loud, it made it most unenjoyable.

Back when we were trying to sell our home, every time our realtor had an Open House and we had to leave for the afternoon, so we went out to lunch and a movie. Ya know, I can't remember a single one of them, but I remember where and what we both ate! :ROFLMAO:

I agree Charlie!
DH and his buddy Mr. Dear Friend went to see Dunkirk and they both said that the volume was so loud, it made it most unenjoyable.

Back when we were trying to sell our home, every time our realtor had an Open House and we had to leave for the afternoon, so we went out to lunch and a movie. Ya know, I can't remember a single one of them, but I remember where and what we both ate! :ROFLMAO:

One reason we seldom go to a theater...

Ross

I agree Charlie!

Seriously? The sound was one of the best parts of seeing Dunkirk in theaters.

I believe that can be said of most Quentin Tarantino movies....

For me, that's what draws me to his movies.. Pure 'what the hell?' entertainment... :)

Ross

Yep. I liked the scene where Tarentino did his cameo as one of the three Australian slave hunters. I don't want to be a spoiler, so let's just say it didn't end well for Tarantino.

The ending of The Usual Subjects is one of the top movie endings I've seen. Kevin Spacey got his first Oscar from his role in that movie.

Christoph Waltz got an Oscar for his role as Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained. He got one for his role in Inglorious Basterds, another Tarantino movie.

CD

Back
Top Bottom