What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a movie? I remember watching the TV show when I was a kid.
Dan said something about the TV show - I'd never seen that either. But yes, the movie was made in 1947.
p2830_p_v8_aa.jpg

Dan said something about the TV show - I'd never seen that either. But yes, the movie was made in 1947.
View attachment 28086
One of my favourites. The last time it was on UK tlevision it was given a "not suitable for children" rating because it would frighten them. Really? I think I was only about 10 when I first saw it but it didn't scare me. It was one of the films made during and around the end of WW2 apparently, in part, (according to Helliwell and Parkinson) to ease people's loss of loved ones in the war."A Guy named Joe" and "A Matter of Life and Death where among many others.

I think there is a lot of hope in "The Ghost and Mrs Muir".

I'm looking forward to seeing Victoria and Abdul.
And I don't care what the negative critics say.:)

"....the extraordinary true story of an unexpected friendship in the later years of Queen Victoria's (Academy Award winner Judi Dench) remarkable rule. When Abdul Karim (Ali Fazal), a young clerk, travels from India to participate in the Queen's Golden Jubilee, he is surprised to find favor with the Queen herself. As the Queen questions the constrictions of her long-held position, the two forge an unlikely and devoted alliance with a loyalty to one another that her household and inner circle all attempt to destroy. As the friendship deepens, the Queen begins to see a changing world through new eyes...."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/victoria_and_abdul

I'm going to be sure and see Victoria and Abdul also Cheryl...we seem to often have the same taste in movies and I'm a huge Judi Dench fan!
SC and I had a movie and early dinner date on Sat. We both really enjoyed The Mountain Between Us, a compelling story of survival, well worth the tickets.
I read the equally good book but the visuals of the film were really spectacular.

Watched "Our Souls at Night" on Netflix with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. Liked it a lot. Liked her in it better than anything I've seen her in.

Well, liked her in Barbarella an awful lot. ;)

I watched it while camping last night. I liked it as well.

We watched "Our Souls at Night" together and it really touched us as a senior couple who also found love again, when we least expected it. What a lovely movie nearly everyone would enjoy.
Bravo Netflix along with Redford and Fonda.

I'm going to be sure and see Victoria and Abdul also Cheryl...we seem to often have the same taste in movies and I'm a huge Judi Dench fan!
SC and I had a movie and early dinner date on Sat. We both really enjoyed The Mountain Between Us, a compelling story of survival, well worth the tickets.
I read the equally good book but the visuals of the film were really spectacular.

Yep, I've noticed that, too! :) I think it's a 'period film' thing. I love the costumes and being taken back to a time long ago.

The Mountain Between Us is playing here now - I thought about going today, but half the enjoyment of matinees is going during the week when the theatuh is nearly empty. :D

Just got done watching STRANGERS IN GOOD COMPANY (1990) . When a bus filled with eight elderly women breaks down in the wilderness, the group of strangers is stranded at a deserted farmhouse with only their wits and their memories.
These nonprofessional actor's delivering largely improvised dialogue to heartwarming effect. Love this film.

Went to see "Blade Runner 2049" for the second time this past weekend. Best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. It has a good story line with lots of little plot twists, and the acting is top notch. Even Ryan Gosling - a guy I don't consider to have a wide emotional range as an actor - does a very good job.

Also watched "Rogue One" last night.

Last edited:
Just got done watching STRANGERS IN GOOD COMPANY (1990) . When a bus filled with eight elderly women breaks down in the wilderness, the group of strangers is stranded at a deserted farmhouse with only their wits and their memories.
These nonprofessional actor's delivering largely improvised dialogue to heartwarming effect. Love this film.

That sounds like my kind of film JoAnn. I looked for somewhere to watch it, but only came up with the option to buy the DVD. Any ideas?

Went to see "Blade Runner 2049" for the second time this past weekend. Best sci-fi movie I've seen in a long time. It has a good story line with lots of little plot twists, and the acting is top notch. Even Ryan Gosling - a guy I don't consider to have a wide emotional range as an actor - does a very good job.

Also watched "Rogue One" last night.

Anticipating "Blade Runner 2049", the original is my all time favorite.

Back
Top Bottom