What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anybody seen Nocturnal Animals? My wife and I saw it separately and came to completely different conclusion about the ending. If you saw the movie, please tell me what you think about. I liked it, she did not.

I watched "Joy" the other night. Starred Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro, and Bradley Cooper. Based on the true story of Joy Mangano, divorced mother who risks her (and her family's) life savings to design and market the "Miracle Mop". :)

I watched it on a freebie movie channel last weekend - I think it was HBO, or it could have been Cinemax. Anyway, it started out a bit slow and I almost gave up on it, but watched it through to the end. So glad I did. Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Joy was outstanding.

It got mediocre reviews, but I don't pay much attention to the reviews anyway.

Joy (2015) - IMDb

Last edited:
I watched "Joy" the other night. Starred Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro, and Bradley Cooper. Based on the true story of Joy Mangano, divorced mother who risks her (and her family's) life savings to design and market the "Miracle Mop". :)

I watched it on a freebie movie channel last weekend - I think it was HBO, or it could have been Cinemax. Anyway, it started out a bit slow and I almost gave up on it, but watched it through to the end. So glad I did. Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Joy was outstanding.

It got mediocre reviews, but I don't pay much attention to the reviews anyway.

Joy (2015) - IMDb

I too thought it was a good movie.

I watched "Her" the other night. Starred Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, and the voice of Scarlett Johanssen.

If I didn't know the main character was Joaquin Phoenix, I wouldn't have recognized him. Set in the near future, about a rather nerdy lonely guy who falls in love with the voice from his computer operating system. :ermm: I watched all of it, but it was kind of weird, and sad....IMO.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:
We watched "Silence" on Hulu last night. Kind of long and drawn out, the movie was about Christian persecution in Japan during the 1600's. I liked it. It had Liam Neeson and another dude I can't recall at the moment.

I have only two Christmas favorites I watch faithfully each year. Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Last night it was the Grinch's turn.

Watching these two movies each year is the only way I participate in the Christmas holidays. It is the only thing I can afford. With 18 grand and great grandchildren, I have chosen to watch these two movies instead. My kids don't need or want anything. Two of my kids have already retired. Wait a minute. Make that three kids. Two on permanent disability.

I have been Christmas binge-watching. I have watched all three "The Santa Clause" movies (number 2 was my favourite) and just finished "The Holiday" with a great cast.

Next are some Hallmark romances.

I probably should have known better, but I watched on Netflix streaming a Quentin Tarantino movie I hadn't heard about. Oh, my. Titled, The Hateful Eight, it had a good cast -- Kurt Russell, Samuel Jackson, Jennifer Jason Leigh (who looked as bad as I've ever seen a Hollywood star look), Tim Roth (a fave of mine) and Walton Goggins (another new fave). Absolute buckets of blood! Not very Christmas-y but a heckuva Tarantino film. :wacko:

I watched it too, knowing it was Tarantino, but loving the cast. I felt exactly the same as you. Much of it was watched from between my fingers LOL!

I probably should have known better, but I watched on Netflix streaming a Quentin Tarantino movie I hadn't heard about. Oh, my. Titled, The Hateful Eight, it had a good cast -- Kurt Russell, Samuel Jackson, Jennifer Jason Leigh (who looked as bad as I've ever seen a Hollywood star look), Tim Roth (a fave of mine) and Walton Goggins (another new fave). Absolute buckets of blood! Not very Christmas-y but a heckuva Tarantino film. :wacko:

I watched The Great Wall with Matt Damon the other day.
Meh.

Predictable, but at least not a complete waste of time.

The Holiday.... a 2006 movie starring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, and Jude Law :wub:.

I've seen it probably a dozen times :LOL: - it's an adorable movie about two ladies who are fed up with unhappy holiday break ups - they meet online on a home vacation trading site, switch up their quaint English countryside cottage and sprawling Beverly Hills home with each other for the holiday season to get away from the heartbreak, and the rest is history. :heart: Very cute movie.

Last edited:
I've watched the Holiday several times too - love it... but seeing as I live in an English type cottage already - I sure would like that kitchen and den from Hollywood on the other side of a wall here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom