What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched Woody Allen's Café Society. Younger woody allen type character in love with Kristen Stewart, she's in love with her married boss, Steve Carell.
The love triangle and actually the whole story line is a bit weak, i think. It took me two days to watch this 90 minute movie. HAD to listen to all that great 1930's Jazz<< Excellent.

Another Woody Allen movie about a love story that is kind of misplaced or awkward?

Geez, you'd think the guy would have had another thought by now. It was probably more about his love for Jazz clarinet than it was a movie.

I just finished watching a most amazing Netflix documentary about the history of rock climbing in Yosemite. It starts around the time I first visited there, and all the excitement of the first climbs of both Half Dome and El Capitian. Even if you have no interest in rock climbing, this is nearly two hours of pure entertainment with unbelievable footage, told by the climbers of the last 50 years. Whatatrip!
Roadfix....if you haven't seen this, don't miss it!

Valley Uprising..

Here's a really good trailer for the film....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o86TpaSBcWw

Last night on TV - The Lion in Winter. Peter O'Toole, Katherine Hepburn, and a very young Anthony Hopkins. Excellent in every way.

Just bought and watched BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. A 1944 black and white film. It is a sensitive and thought provoking film. Cleverly written and acted, with John Garfield, Paul Henreid, Sidney Greenstreet and Eleanor Parker.

Just bought and watched BETWEEN TWO WORLDS. A 1944 black and white film. It is a sensitive and thought provoking film. Cleverly written and acted, with John Garfield, Paul Henreid, Sidney Greenstreet and Eleanor Parker.

One hell of a trippy movie. A lot of fantasy films were made during WWII. No reason to wonder why.

Last edited:
We watched Despicable Me 3. I have to say this is one series of movies that is keeping my attention. The stories are silly but that's exactly what they are supposed to be.

And I think we need a little more silly in the world!

We watched Despicable Me 3. I have to say this is one series of movies that is keeping my attention. The stories are silly but that's exactly what they are supposed to be.

And I think we need a little more silly in the world!

:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:x 2

We went and saw "The Post" today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Post_(film)
How could you miss with a cast and true story like this?
We were both impressed.

Thank you for the review, Kay - I REALLY want to see this one. I agree about the cast - 2 of my favorite actors playing the leads. And on top of it all, it's a Spielberg production. :) (....and a rather timely release...lol)

I was really pleased to see Matthew Rhys is playing Ellsberg. He's a wonderful actor and I've missed him since he played Kevin in the cancelled series "Brothers and Sisters" with Sally Field. :( I was always amazed at how well he's mastered the American accent.

I'm going to try to go see it tomorrow!
------------------------
edit - the cute Matthew Rhys on the Ellen show: :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9UVIC0oos

Last edited:
Just finished watching the award winning "The Big Sick" on Amazon and although the title is misleading and stupid, I really liked it.

Now included with Prime. Awards nominated, heart-warming hit comedy from producer Judd Apatow (Bridesmaids and Trainwreck). The Big Sick is based on the real-life courtship between Pakistan-born comedian Kumail Nanjiani (Nanjiani) and grad student Emily Gordon (Zoe Kazan) who fall in love but struggle while dealing with Emily's mysterious illness and their families culture clash. Also staring Ray Romano and Holly Hunter.

Starring: Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan, Holly Hunter Runtime: 1 hour, 59 minutes

Award Nominee: The Big Sick

Congratulations to the Amazon Original Movie The Big Sick, Critics’ Choice awards winner for Best Comedy and nominated for 2 Screen Actors Guild awards including Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, Producers Guild Awards for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures, and Writers Guild Awards for Best Original Screenplay.

I watched the first half of Hacksaw Ridge with my boy yesterday, until DW came in and asked what it was rated.

When she heard R and saw some of the violence, she ordered us to shut it off. As I tried to say that it wasn't any worse than some of his FPS video games, a particularly gory scene with guys getting their heads blown off came on, and off the TV went.

I'll watch it later. My dad was a combat medic in Europe in WWII, so the story holds great interest to me. I was raised on my Dad's stories of pretty much what was inthe movie.

Last night we watched The Chef... Second time for me, about the 4th time for daughter and SIL.. I love this movie.. (Disclaimer: There is language which some may feel inappropriate)

#ChefMovie

Ross

Back
Top Bottom