What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kingsman, something rather. The first one, I guess there is the second one. It started ok. But then it was all the way down the hill. Totally unnecessary language, violence and vulgarity.

I saw most of Mirror, Mirror with Julia Roberts. I had seen it before and missed the first half hour this time but it is a good interpretation of the Snow White story. I loved the dwarves!

Just watched Amanda Knox on Netflix. It was a fascinating documentary about her murder trial in Italy. 92 minutes long.

There's more to this whole thing than she's telling. That's what I think. Now she's like this cause celbre because her conviction fell apart on appeal. She's also profited a lot since. " The Amanda Knox story" ... gimme a break. Blood was spilled, someone died during some kind of sex game gotten outta control.

Last edited:
I just watched Baby Driver, and action/adventure/romance movie. I like action/adventure movies from time to time, because I can shut down my brain and just be entertained. I don't care much for romance movies. However, the romance part of this movie was not bad -- it actually fit into the plot pretty seamlessly.

So, this movie had zero chance at an Oscar, but met my expectations for a piece of entertainment I didn't have to think hard to enjoy.

The antagonist was Kevin Spacey. I assume that since he was a bad guy in the movie, that it is okay to watch the movie, since it hasn't been pulled from the marketplace. It is not PC to like anything he's acted in, it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2z857RSfhk

CD

We went to & saw the greatest showman at the theater last night. It's how barnem circus started, it was really good. Would recommend it!

The antagonist was Kevin Spacey. I assume that since he was a bad guy in the movie, that it is okay to watch the movie, since it hasn't been pulled from the marketplace. It is not PC to like anything he's acted in, it seems.

My impression is that it's not good business to continue to hire him. That doesn't change the quality of his work.

LIFE, it's an outer space sci fi horror movie lots of adrenaline pumping scenes and music. I didn't like it at all. We both agreed not to watch it again.

PASSENGERS, it's a deep space sci fi movie, and we both really liked it a lot. It stretches the imagination on how we value life and we value a quality life and the selfish things we sometimes do as humans to make that life survivable. Sometimes our selfish choices are unforgivable, and sometimes forgivable, even if it is the same selfish choice, we are human, and this is life.

CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, based on the book, it is a deep thinking movie. I've watched it twice, I'll probably watch it again. It's about crime and punishment, lol.

CHEF, good movie, family and cooking.

HACKSAW RIDGE, heart warming, war-death defying, good movie, we were glad we watched it, worth seeing more than once.

I'm,hoping to watch the 2nd half of Hacksaw Ridge tonight.

I watched the Netflix original movie Bright last night.

It took me a little while to get into it, but by the end I loved it. I'm a big fan of Will Smith.

I've also seen "Bright" - loved it too!

Based on the reviews here I will be putting Hacksaw Ridge on my "to watch" list.

I started watching Lone Survivor - but I got too upset thinking/knowing of the possible outcome so have put it on hold.

We went and saw "The Darkest Hour" nominated for several Oscars and we were not impressed at all. It sure was not what these history buffs expected, and I actually fell asleep.

Last edited:
If you want to see another short form documentary Oscar Nominee for free take a look at the Edith + Eddie one that is a total gem and fully worth the nomination.

https://www.topic.com/edith-eddie

The documentary is on the oldest interracial couple who are both over 95 years old and this documentary is almost 30 minutes long. They were so old even the local news reported on them. They both met over lottery tickets.

Edith is being forced to move to down to Florida for a while while Eddie does not want her down in Florida. I say they should have stayed together.

There's more to this whole thing than she's telling. That's what I think. Now she's like this cause celbre because her conviction fell apart on appeal. She's also profited a lot since. " The Amanda Knox story" ... gimme a break. Blood was spilled, someone died during some kind of sex game gotten outta control.

I tend to agree with you. Something went wrong in her apartment with her room mate. And she was there and part of it. Does she really think that we believe she sat there very calmly and watched her room mate be murdered? She is no cause celeb as far as I am concerned.

If you want to see another short form documentary Oscar Nominee for free take a look at the Edith + Eddie one that is a total gem and fully worth the nomination.

https://www.topic.com/edith-eddie

The documentary is on the oldest interracial couple who are both over 95 years old and this documentary is almost 30 minutes long. They were so old even the local news reported on them. They both met over lottery tickets.

Edith is being forced to move to down to Florida for a while while Eddie does not want her down in Florida. I say they should have stayed together.

Absolutely.

I watched Last Flag Flying tonight, with Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston, and Laurence Fishburne -- all top-shelf actors.

Overall, a very good movie. It was kind of scattered for a while, but all came together in the end. I had an allergy attack during the ending scene, and my eyes were watering a bit. ;)

Warning to those with tender ears, there is a fair amount of profanity, but not gratuitous profanity. One character in particular was pretty foul mouthed, but it was IMO, justified in the name of character development. There again, you understand him a lot better as you get toward the end of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmS4lTZ34uk

CD

I just watched The Hurt Locker. Holy Moly, what an intense movie.

I want my son to watch it so he can start to understand war isn't like the regular movies.

Back
Top Bottom