What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She blames her mother for all that... :rolleyes:

Her mother in the movie was very good, she won best supporting actress.

Yes, in the interview she embraced every opportunity to trash her, and proudly said her son has never met his grandmother and never will. Who knows if she beat Tonya or not, I guess we'll never know, but Tonya did admit that her mother worked hard to pay for skating lessons for her, and hand sewed her costumes because they couldn't afford to buy them.

Curious - who played her mother in the movie?

:( Tyler is lucky to have a grandma like you instead.

Thanks, GG. Tyler probably didn't feel so lucky a few days ago when he had an attitude and said something disrespectful to me. I took away the TV remote, locked his toy room door, and gave him extra chores for 3 days. :D :LOL:

Non-Transferable

She buys a non transferable ticket to Europe for her and her boyfriend.
He won't go.
She finds someone on facebook/the internet with the same name and takes him instead, novel idea, I liked it. You can't change the tickets but you can change the guy.
So I looked up my husband's name and there is no one by that same name, so ...oh well.

Watched this movie tonight. I love chick flicks and enjoyed it but it was a little too quirky for me.

"Destry Rides Again" on the "Talking Pictures" channel on UK television the other day. They are running a series of James Stewart films at the moment.

Sorry, I couldn't continue watching 'The Darkest Hour'.....turned it off after 45 minutes. The film reminded me of the 'You are There' series, which we had to sit through in history class in 8th grade. And I hated history.

I just finished watching LBJ, starring Woody Harrelson. Excellent movie. Woody Harrelson turned in an outstanding performance. The Movie was well acted, and well produced and directed.

As a history buff, I have long considered LBJ as one of the most interesting politicians of our time. He has some of the ego aspects of our current president, but he was smart, and had a heart -- a moral compass. Under his "take no prisoners" attitude, he moved the country forward. He got Vietnam wrong, IMO, but he got a lot more things right. In the precess, he gave the South over to the opposition party, but that was bound to happen if we were ever to move forward as a nation.

Fascinating man. And, Woody Harrelson did a fantastic job of playing LBJ. All the other actors did a great job. too.

If nothing else, it was riveting dialog and acting. Two thumbs up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFI6OpDEG4

CD

Last edited:
Sorry, I couldn't continue watching 'The Darkest Hour'.....turned it off after 45 minutes. The film reminded me of the 'You are There' series, which we had to sit through in history class in 8th grade. And I hated history.

I also rented The Darkest Hour, but have not watched it, yet.

CD

So many movie choices, so little time. :LOL: I still want to see LBJ and The Shape of Water, but for this evening I'm settling into the recliner to watch Lady Bird.

So many movie choices, so little time. :LOL:

I know exactly what you mean... :)))
IMG_0364.jpg

Watched The Gift on Netflix last night. It was under their "recently added" category so I decided to check it out. It was like a suspense thriller. I enjoyed it, watched it on my tablet in bed as it was past my bedtime.

We watched "The Imitation Game," a WWII thriller about cryptography, on Netflix Saturday night. It was really good - definitely recommended.

Sunday we started to watch "The Immigrant," with Joaquin Phoenix. I was not in the mood for a movie about abuse, so we turned it off and I went upstairs to read. DH watched some of the NCIS episodes he has recorded.

We watched Thor: Ragnarok (bad but funny) and Darkest Hour (thought it was pretty good) yesterday.

We have been doing more streaming series of late than movies. Watching Godless right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom