What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished watching "The Theory of Everything" Stephen Hawking.

I knew nothing about this mans life. What a wonderful story! Highly recommend.

Stephen Hawking died March 14th, 2018. He will be missed. I loved the movie, too! Brilliant man.

Less than a month ago, I know. As posted earlier at the time - the world has lost something that we can only hope will someday be replaced - in time.

Watched a new Nickolas Cage thriller last night, Looking Glass. Strange, voyeuristic movie about a couple who takes over as new owners of a motel out in the desert somewhere. Predictable, as far as who done it. Normally, not my kinda movie but I enjoyed this one.

Trying to decide which movie to go to with 3 teenagers, plush to young adults, my oldest son with wife, and us two, is like pulling teeth without Novocain.
Any recommendations?

We watched "The Reader" last night. Kate Winslet won an Academy Award for it. There were great performances, but when it was over, I felt really dissatisfied. I wonder if the book explained the main male character's motivation for what I thought was a moral failure. The movie sure didn't.

Everybody agreed on Ready player one. Surprised how much I liked it. It is definitely moving for 50 something. Those who remember Atari and early computer games. Plus a lot more. Very nice.

We watched Midnight in Paris. I've never been much of a fan of Woody Allen, but I really enjoyed the movie and its portrayals of some of my literary and artistic idols.

We watched Midnight in Paris. I've never been much of a fan of Woody Allen, but I really enjoyed the movie and its portrayals of some of my literary and artistic idols.

I can't believe I never saw this movie until now. Just finished watching it on Netflix on the laptop while at work. Wonderful film, loved the ending, and the art gallery scene was pretty funny.

If you want to watch a nice feel good documentary for free about some people that perform a dying art watch "The Art Of The Shine."

The Art of the Shine - Full Film | Video | Independent Lens | PBS

This almost 1 hour long documentary is about people that are shoe shiners. Stacey Tenenbaum goes around the globe looking at people that perform this dying art.

Every single person in the documentary was different, unique, and special.

The documentary is supposed to be free until 4/24/2018 so watch it now and leave happy. I did.

Darkest Hour. Loved, that is after I remember to turn subtitles on :rolleyes: so I could understand what they were saying. Loved it.

I watched a silly little movie called Whiskey Galore.

Stereotypical jokes that lightly mock the Scottish, but I had time to kill.

Back
Top Bottom