What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not in the mood for any of the series we follow, we checked out Netflix movies..

Came across Cold Mountain (2003) which I had passed on a few times..

Pleasantly surprised with both the quality of the cast and movie.. Glad we watched it..

Ross
The opening scene of Petersburg took place about an hour's drive from us. With our last exchange student, we watched the movie one evening and took a trip to the battlefield the next day. It's a pretty nice park with a great visitors center.

https://www.nps.gov/pete/index.htm

I went to a matinee of Crazy Rich Asians yesterday. I didn't really care for it, guess my idea of a rom-com leans more toward Deadpool.

The opening scene of Petersburg took place about an hour's drive from us. With our last exchange student, we watched the movie one evening and took a trip to the battlefield the next day. It's a pretty nice park with a great visitors center.

https://www.nps.gov/pete/index.htm

Fascinating.. Thank you for the link.. :)

In the late 90's Jeannie's son lived in Frederick, Maryland.. On a weeks visit, he took us to many Civil War battle sites.. I was and remain enthralled by what I saw and learned.. I always wanted to go back there but, I suppose that will not happen..

Ross

I thought Deadpool was hysterical. I like any of the Marvel movies as long as there is some comedy somehow! Eg.. didn't care for the Hulk - no comedy.

My kids would buy me each book as Harry Potter came out - loved them. Then they also got me the CD's to go along with them. One of few movies that actually stick to the book verbatim. I watched the first one several times with book in hand trying to find differences.

I don't know about the later ones, didn't check them out like that, just watched and enjoyed.

Watched Big Eyes last night.. Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz

While I, vaguely, remembered the story, I didn't realize what a scam artist Walter Keane actually was..

Not an A movie but, interesting and enjoyable..

Ross

Watched Big Eyes last night.. Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz...
I don't remember seeing anything about the movie, but I sure do remember those paintings. Those big-eye kids were on everything from greeting cards to decorative pictures and plaques. After reading up a bit about the story line, I'm interested. Added that movie to my library list for when baseball season is over.

You might find this interesting - a comparison of the movie vs the real-life facts. Amy Adams is a dead ringer for Margaret Keane.

History vs Hollywood - Big Eyes

I don't remember seeing anything about the movie, but I sure do remember those paintings. Those big-eye kids were on everything from greeting cards to decorative pictures and plaques. After reading up a bit about the story line, I'm interested. Added that movie to my library list for when baseball season is over.

You might find this interesting - a comparison of the movie vs the real-life facts. Amy Adams is a dead ringer for Margaret Keane.

History vs Hollywood - Big Eyes

They very much look alike..

At the end of the movie, Amy and Margaret are shown sitting on a bench together.. Amy knows what she will look like when she reaches Margaret's age.. :)

Ross

Not only do I remember those big eye kids, I had two of those Keane framed prints hanging in our living room as newlyweds. My mom just hated them but we thought they were way cool.

The movie is on my watchlist too.

Not only do I remember those big eye kids, I had two of those Keane framed prints hanging in our living room as newlyweds. My mom just hated them but we thought they were way cool.

The movie is on my watchlist too.

Just watched it...surprisingly good flick. I enjoyed the background link you left CG and I noticed her on the park bench.
Actually I don't think two look alike at all however

Last edited:
Hitchcock's 1945 "Spellbound" with Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck, including the nightmare dream sequence designed by Salvador Dali. It was on television this afternoon.

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" - a documentary about John McCain. It was originally on HBO but was shown on CNN Sunday night, I taped it for Mom because she didn't remember watching it when on HBO.

He was a good man, no matter what his political leanings were.

Was also watching Casablanca on the plane, if you can imagine i have never sen it. With my luck we landed before I finished watching. Missed last 5 minutes or so. Now I do not know if they get away or not. Anybody? Tell me what happened, tell me how it ends. Please.

Was also watching Casablanca on the plane, if you can imagine i have never sen it. With my luck we landed before I finished watching. Missed last 5 minutes or so. Now I do not know if they get away or not. Anybody? Tell me what happened, tell me how it ends. Please.

Awwww Charlie!! Here it is..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOnGnx4lsww

Back
Top Bottom