What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay for gatekeeping critics.:rolleyes:

I'm betting she's really good at it. Those I've spoken to who have seen it really enjoyed it. I just don't like going to theatres. A decade of working in HR in the industry will do that to you.

Interesting thoughts about the skills of "acting".

Someone with a great singing voice is nothing without the skills of delivering that song with the passion of an acting performance.
The same goes for comedians. There are those of us who tell jokes, then there are those who have the acting ability to be comedians.
In both cases it's all in the delivery. Acting.

Last edited:
I'm curious.. please define "a true actress" ??

I've always thought of an 'actress' (or actor) as someone who portrayed someone or something other than themselves - usually to entertain others.

They could be good or bad at it but they were still "acting".

We'll see if actress Gaga goes on to star other than this one. Rex Reed likes her but says she's no actress.

Last edited:
lol. I need a popcorn emoji.

Go on.

Let's see some real feeling this time.

OK, in 3- 2- 1, and GO:

Last edited:
:LOL:

I don't base my movie choices on what some used up critic has to say, or any critics, for that matter.

If it has a storyline I'm interested in, and features actors that I like, I'll spend my $ to go see it. :)

Last edited:
And, scene.

cut and wrap.

Cheryl, you killed it. You were beautiful.

I believed every breathing second.

Wonderful job, dahling.

lol. I need a popcorn emoji...

tenor.gif

That's perfect, CG!

Lol, Cheryl. I heard you say your lines in a dramatic, slow, Betty Davis kind of voice. It works much better.

I watched a movie last night that's been in my top 5 all time favorites since it came out.
I watched the 4-hour version of DAS BOOT. First time watching the extended version of this film. Still, such a riveting film, in German, with subtitles. The dubbed English just never did it for me.

Last edited:
I watched a movie last night that's been in my top 5 all time favorites since it came out.
I watched the 4-hour version of DAS BOOT. First time watching the extended version of this film. Still, such a riveting film, in German, with subtitles. The dubbed English just never did it for me.
This would be my pick if I had to show an alien what a movie was. It is probably the pinnacle of the art.

Well... I'd show them Dumb and Dumber as well, but for entirely different reasons.

Such an amazing, heart wrenching, beautiful movie.

I went to the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday, and really enjoyed it! If you're a Queen fan you will too. The guy who played Freddy Mercury was great. Tastefully done, if you know anything about Freddie you can fill in the blanks. The music rocks!

Back
Top Bottom