What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We finally got around to watching Mamma Mia. The first one, not the latest.

1. Meryl Streep can sing. Well! Pierce Brosnan unfortunately can’t.
2. The screen writer did an excellent job of integrating ABBA’s music into the plot.
3. I’ve never been a fan of ABBA, really, but I recognized probably 80% of the songs.
4. The choreography was dated, simplistic and, for the most part, poorly executed.
5. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. This made the movie engaging and fun to watch!

I look forward to watching the sequel!

Well come on over on Saturday. My daughter is coming over and we are going to be watching the sequel together. I am going to make a big bowl of popcorn, already have the sodas, and she will be bringing some sweet snacks from her favorite bakery.

After we watch it together, I am going to hold a requested "movie night" in the community room so the residents here can see it. Everyone brings their own snacks.

We finally got around to watching Mamma Mia. The first one, not the latest.

1. Meryl Streep can sing. Well! Pierce Brosnan unfortunately can’t.
2. The screen writer did an excellent job of integrating ABBA’s music into the plot.
3. I’ve never been a fan of ABBA, really, but I recognized probably 80% of the songs.
4. The choreography was dated, simplistic and, for the most part, poorly executed.
5. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. This made the movie engaging and fun to watch!

I look forward to watching the sequel!

I loved that movie. I haven't seen the sequel yet, but want to. There are only two movies I've seen that I remember ABBA's music in and loved them both...'Mamma Mia' and 'The Martian'. :LOL:

I loved that movie. I haven't seen the sequel yet, but want to. There are only two movies I've seen that I remember ABBA's music in and loved them both...'Mamma Mia' and 'The Martian'. :LOL:
Don’t forget Priscilla, Queen of the Desert! Only a couple of ABBA songs, but one of the main characters is obsessed with Agnetha. Hilarious, if a bit tasteless.

My son wants to go Winter backpacking with me next month, so I decided we need to watch three movies that influenced my life the most: Jetemiah Johnson, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Dancing With Wolves.

My son wants to go Winter backpacking with me next month, so I decided we need to watch three movies that influenced my life the most: Jetemiah Johnson, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Dancing With Wolves.
DH just went deer hunting, tent, snow...beautiful. I told him if he got cold he should remember Revenant, clean out a horse or moose, and take refuge in the warm cavity.

Hidden Figures, funny and really a good movie.

We watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.. Well put together by Joel and Ethan Coen..

Some silliness but also some pretty good vignettes...

Good for passing a cold rainy night... Along with hot cocoa, of course.. ;)

Ross

A Quiet Place
A family of 5 is living where there are monsters/animals that look like insects, that hunt by sound. So they make no noise. One of their children is deaf.
Adrenaline scale of 1-10 about a 5.
Horrifying pictures scale of 1-10 about a 4.
Good story line scale 1-10 a 10.
Good ending scale 1-10 a 10.
A family that cares about each other and tries to stay alive in bizarre circumstances.
I don't like horror flicks but I kind of liked this one.

Wild Oats on Netflix.
Stars Shirley MacLaine, Jessica Lang, and Demi Moore. Shirley MacLaine, newly widowed gets &5mil instead of fifty thousand on her husband’s life insurance policy. Jessica Lange convinces her to o go on a trip to I forgot where and hilarity ensues.

I enjoyed this movie very much! A quiet kind of comedy, and Shirley and Jessica are simply wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom