What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Cowboys & Aliens' - Ugh !

Cowboys &.jpg

We saw "Mary Poppins Returns" at our local dinner theater last night. We really enjoyed it. It evoked the original without being a copy. Definitely recommended.
1221181816b_HDR.jpg

We saw "Mary Poppins Returns" at our local dinner theater last night. We really enjoyed it. It evoked the original without being a copy. Definitely recommended.
View attachment 32673

Good to hear, it's on my list! I imagine it'll be a bit of a change from the last two musicals I enjoyed (A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody).

You’ve got a dinner theater that shows movies?
Yes, it's a restored 1945 movie house. We love seeing movies here - it's so beautiful and so much fun.

See the plaque to the left of the Mary Poppins movie poster in the photo above? The theater is on the National Register of Historic Places.

http://www.commodoretheatre.com/index.php

Last edited:
We just watched "Viceroy's House on Netflix..
India, 1947: Lord Mountbatten (Hugh Bonneville) is dispatched, along with his wife Edwina (Gillian Anderson), to New Delhi to oversee the country's transition from British rule to independence.

We enjoyed the production..
Ross

Yes, it's a restored 1945 movie house. We love seeing movies here - it's so beautiful and so much fun.

See the plaque to the left of the Mary Poppins movie poster in the photo above? The theater is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Commodore Theatre - Portsmouth, VA
That is SO COOL! Is it actually a dinner theater? I mean, do they serve meals?

The term “dinner theater” for me evokes small live theaters that serve awful food before staging ambitious musicals with small casts made up of Equity waiver actors who tried so hard. The average age of the audience was 55-70.

That is SO COOL! Is it actually a dinner theater? I mean, do they serve meals?

The term “dinner theater” for me evokes small live theaters that serve awful food before staging ambitious musicals with small casts made up of Equity waiver actors who tried so hard. The average age of the audience was 55-70.
Of course they serve meals. It wouldn't be a dinner theater if they didn't ;) They have primarily salads and sandwiches with a few hot choices and desserts. They also offer beer and wine.

Of course they serve meals. It wouldn't be a dinner theater if they didn't ;) They have primarily salads and sandwiches with a few hot choices and desserts. They also offer beer and wine.
The dinner theaters I attended with my folks served actual “sit down” meals before the show started. There was usually a choice of two entrees, and they were served at table by the performers.

The dinner theaters I attended with my folks served actual “sit down” meals before the show started. There was usually a choice of two entrees, and they were served at table by the performers.
Here's a picture of the inside of the theater; they do serve sit-down meals, although they're not fancy. They have regular servers who are well trained so they're not obtrusive. The management likes for people to get there an hour or so before the movie starts, so everyone can get served. You call the kitchen on the phone at each table to order.
57603ff3dacb3.image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom