What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...watching Star Wars from beginning to end...the six episodes in chronological order and the last three. Never get tired of it.

I have been re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...watching Star Wars from beginning to end...the six episodes in chronological order and the last three. Never get tired of it.

I couldn't quite get into the story based on fantasy. I watched the original in a theater. The only part I liked was the special effects where the fighter jets dive down into the cavern part of the dark star ship. Otherwise...meh.

Many have made this movie into more than it really is. What? A deep view of good vs. evil? Fine. I've seen it done in other forms using children's building blocks. No offense. Hope none taken.

Last edited:
I couldn't quite get into the story based on fantasy. I watched the original in a theater. The only part I liked was the special effects where the fighter jets dive down into the cavern part of the dark star ship. Otherwise...meh.

Many have made this movie into more than it really is. What? A deep view of good vs. evil? Fine. I've seen it done in other forms using children's building blocks. No offense. Hope none taken.

I consider the first 6 episodes to be The Redemption of Anakin Skywalker, this series has been in my life for over forty years. It's as ingrained in my life as much as the music of the 70's and 80's has been. And I am just as excited and thrilled each time I watch it.

"The League of Extraordinary Gentelmen" was on the other night. I've caught scenes from it casually four or five times over the years (a backround movie). It's just a two star rated movie. Nothing to get locked into. When's he's not invisible, the invisible guy looks a lot like singer Phil Collins in that movie. :LOL:

Last edited:
I watched MI-III last night. Your basic Tom Cruise action/adventure flick. I enjoyed it. Tacky? Sure. But it is what it is.

Now, I need a new James Bond movie to come out. Misogynistic? Yes. But, every man, no matter how "enlightened," would love to be "Bond, James Bond," if only for a day.

I personally think Pierce Brosnan said it the best, with Sean Connery being a top contender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXxKZkE2MGo

CD

Last edited:
We watched The Bird Box tonight just because of all the hoopla about it and we're both glad we did. We're both fans of Sandra Bullock and once again, she didn't disappoint. Without her, we never would have watched it.

To be sure the story was far fetched, although engaging and entertaining and for those reasons we enjoyed watching something different. In short, we liked it.

Last edited:
Last concert I went to was in the 70s, Ellon John. Was really good. I won free tickets, prolly why I went. I don't like crowds. I love people, just not crowds. Last film I saw was inflight to Aussie. That memorable I can't think what it was,lol.

Russ

Last concert I went to was in the 70s, Ellon John. Was really good. I won free tickets, prolly why I went. I don't like crowds. I love people, just not crowds. Last film I saw was inflight to Aussie. That memorable I can't think what it was,lol.

Russ

I haven't been to a live concert in years. Back in the mid-80s, I was the official photographer for Reunion Arena in Dallas. I stood at the stage taking pictures for the first three songs of every concert, then put my gear away and watched the concert anywhere I wanted in the building. Tina Turner, RUSH, KISS, (Sting) The Police, Dire Straights, Eric Clapton... front row.

But, I have to say that the very best act I have ever seen was by three guys from Texas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h2hox--bR8

They opened for the Rolling Stones once... only once. They stole the show. The Stones never let that happen again. Best live band ever, in my opinion.

CD

We watched The Bird Box tonight just because of all the hoopla about it and we're both glad we did. We're both fans of Sandra Bullock and once again, she didn't disappoint. Without her, we never would have watched it.

To be sure the story was far fetched, although engaging and entertaining and for those reasons we enjoyed watching something different. In short, we liked it.

I love Sandra Bullock, but even her presence could not have saved this movie. Story was totally incoherent. How did they get to the woods from the city? What did they eat if they we blindfolded? And so on and so forth

I love Sandra Bullock, but even her presence could not have saved this movie. Story was totally incoherent. How did they get to the woods from the city? What did they eat if they we blindfolded? And so on and so forth

Bird Box idiots are even flocking to that house used in the film. That house is just a few miles north of
L.A.
Dumb..

The movie was a "fantasy" folks! :LOL: Why try to make sense of it? :ROFLMAO:

It's not something that's normally my cup of tea, but I thought it was interesting entertainment. At least there were no monsters like in "A Quiet Place". Now that was a total waste of time.

Bad Seeds on Netflix. Excellent movie. Unfortunately they used a voice over instead of keeping it French and using subtitles.

It still works. Very funny, yet poignant.

It might be close to one of my top tens. Of course, I'm into slightly offbeat movies.

The next documentary I have taken a look at is called Rodents of Unusual Size and you can see it for 100% free from this link:

https://www.pbs.org/video/rodents-of-unusual-size-2r2pwv/

This documentary looks at the lives of people down in mainly Louisiana and how they deal with the invasive Nutria population.

I found this to be a very nice documentary. The early on animation sequence was nicely done showing off the history of the Nutria here in the USA.

I liked the people in it. They seemed to all be nice people.

I give this documentary a big thumbs up.

We watched Solo last night on NetFlix. I enjoyed it thoroughly! It was fast-paced, fun, and very loyal to the original Star Wars. The actor who played young Han Solo did a bang up job of creating a young Solo; it was very easy to imagine him growing up to be Harrison Ford’s iconic character.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom