What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The latest documentary I looked at was "Three Identical Strangers" that aired on CNN last night.

The crazy true story of a set of triplets separated at birth only to finally meet up together in the 1980's. They get a full on media tour and then finally find out why they wound up separated in the first place which I say was the main reason the documentary was made imo.

I have to say this was perfectly produced and certainly worth the watch.

As long as CNN does not change its schedule it will be aired on Saturday night from 9:30pm to 11:30pm and 11:30pm to 1:30am

The latest documentary I looked at was "Three Identical Strangers" that aired on CNN last night.

The crazy true story of a set of triplets separated at birth only to finally meet up together in the 1980's. They get a full on media tour and then finally find out why they wound up separated in the first place which I say was the main reason the documentary was made imo.

As long as CNN does not change its schedule it will be aired on Saturday night from 9:30pm to 11:30pm and 11:30pm to 1:30am

Noted.

Thanks for the heads up on the re-airing of this movie. I want to see it.

Yes, UPSIDE is a French movie remake with another name I can't recall. My friend saw both and said this one is as good only more comical and without annoying subtitles. There were some good out loud belly laughs there and a really good story based on truth. Very entertaining and great performances.

This is playing here now. I'd love to see it! Thanks for your review, Kay. :)

I've never heard of him, and don't know about the Academy Awards flack he got....guess I need to keep up a little more... :LOL: I'll try to go see this movie sometime while it's still playing. It's been a while since I've been to the theatuh. :)

Same here, Ross. :LOL:

I'll also add Jim Carrey to that category...:wacko: JMO

Agreed.... I suppose that I'm just not a fan of slapstick humor.. Never have been as, while my feeble brain can't come up with names, I recall not enjoying some of the comedians of my younger days..

I best liked stand up humor before "anything goes" became the norm.. I'm not talking from my prude side as I don't have one.. :ermm:

Ross

I watched Disney’s Newsies on Netflix while Mark was sleeping. I really enjoyed it; it’s an old-fashioned musical, with toe-tapping tunes, and a slightly ridiculous plot. This was NOT the movie; it is the stage version filmed.

The young talents in the lead roles were very good. Great voices. The acting was a bit melodramatic, but that’s what one expects with old-fashioned musicals!

The sets were a bit distracting; too many moving pieces, too many cast members serving to move furniture and props. It was “industrial” for lack of a better word. The all-male dance corps was very trained and very talented. They had no problem with either the balletic choreography that dominates the musical, or a really wonderful, if a bit cliche, tap number. The non-tap numbers were, as I wrote, very ballet-centric. I thought the choreography was just a bit tepid.

It was fun to watch the live stage version. Maybe not tomorrow, but I’d watch it again! Good family fare, for those of you who do family movie night!

Agreed.... I suppose that I'm just not a fan of slapstick humor.. Never have been as, while my feeble brain can't come up with names, I recall not enjoying some of the comedians of my younger days..

I best liked stand up humor before "anything goes" became the norm.. I'm not talking from my prude side as I don't have one.. :ermm:

Ross

Unfortunately, the words "A proper young lady never" "A proper young lady always":.... still rings in my mental self.

Ross

I have been listening to a lot of Sirius radio in the new car, and I'm saddened at the state of stand up comedy today. Especially by female comics. Most of them have sets based entirely on bodily functions, or bad sex, or worse.

I'm all for open-minded comedy, but much of what female comedians offer is puerile and over-done. Unless you are a teenager, I guess.

On a positive note, I really enjoy Anjelah Johnson.

Last edited:
Agreed.... I suppose that I'm just not a fan of slapstick humor.. Never have been as...
I never understood the popularity of Jerry Lewis. On the other hand, I really liked watching Red Skelton. He was a little bit slapstick, but not stupid slapstick. I also remember sitting to watch Jimmy Durante with my Mom - "Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are". And we loved Victor Borge. His "Punctuation" routine was side-splitting.

One old time comedian I couldn't stand was Don Rickles, the mean spirited insulting loud mouth didn't deserve stage time. How anyone found his "humor" laughable was always beyond my understanding. Buddy Hacket was in the same cesspool.

Last edited:
I just watched Christopher Robin. I'm a Pooh Bear fan, I admit it.

Good movie for kids, but even better for adults who grew up with Pooh. It really is a good family movie, but the kids need to at least know who Winnie the Pooh is, or they will be lost.

If you grew up with Pooh, and you shared Pooh with your kids and grandkids, watch it.

If you grew up with Pooh, and your kids and grandkids know nothing of Pooh, watch it without them!

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom