What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched Christopher Robin. I'm a Pooh Bear fan, I admit it.

Good movie for kids, but even better for adults who grew up with Pooh. It really is a good family movie, but the kids need to at least know who Winnie the Pooh is, or they will be lost.

If you grew up with Pooh, and you shared Pooh with your kids and grandkids, watch it.

If you grew up with Pooh, and your kids and grandkids know nothing of Pooh, watch it without them!

CD

I loved it and I am a huge Pooh fan.

We watched a dumb movie on Netflix last night. POLAR. Lots of shooting, blood, and gory scenes. It was a nice change of pace though, for a change. ...did not fall asleep. Just the beautiful winter scenery of Montana was worth it.

We're working on the last two seasons of "Rizzoli and Isles", or as Himself says "Mazola and Oil". One of the episodes referenced the movie "Terms of Endearment". Lo and behold, it was on TV yesterday afternoon. I watched it. All of it. Still wondering why I did. Not worth the 2 1/2 hours of time. At least I was busy doing other things while it was running, so it wasn't a total waste.

We watched a Helen Mirren movie tonight - Eye in the Sky. It was rather slow moving. We pretty much had figured out the ending about 15 to 20 minutes into the movie. We then spent the next hour watching military and politicians going back and forth, tossing the moral dilemma of what to do back and forth like a hot potato. Then, in the last ten minutes, you find out that all of your suppositions were correct. It is a very disquieting movie. Slow as it is, it is revealing in how difficult decision making can be when engaged in war, and the toll it takes on those who fight it.

I want to see that movie, Kayelle. I just put my name on the library list for when they finally start getting the DVDs. It looks like I'm number 276 in line, waiting for my chance at one of 18 copies they'll put into circulation.

I borrowed "Big Eyes" from the library. Himself wasn't interested in the story line, so I'll be heading up to the den shortly to watch it all by myself. Review to come later.

BIG EYES was a really good movie.
When I had two of the framed prints hanging in my newlywed living room, I had no idea about the true story behind them. Talk about "eye opening" all these years later.

It turned out that Himself watched "Big Eyes" with me, seeing as how there wasn't anything else on TV that he was interested. I enjoyed it; Himself said it was "OK". He's not much for glowing reviews, however. :LOL: Walter was one crazy dude! I was surprised at how much Amy Adams resembled Margaret Keane at her age.

It turned out that Himself watched "Big Eyes" with me, seeing as how there wasn't anything else on TV that he was interested. I enjoyed it; Himself said it was "OK". He's not much for glowing reviews, however. :LOL: Walter was one crazy dude! I was surprised at how much Amy Adams resembled Margaret Keane at her age.

Jeannie and I really enjoyed Big Eyes also.. :)

Ross

I watched a documentary, 'Abducted in Plain Sight' on Netflix.
Crazy, true story about a trusting family friend who kidnaps his friend's daughter in two separate incidents and practically gets away with it. Very interesting watch.

I was flipping channels last night and caught one of my favorite all-time movies: Conrack.

I mentioned it here a few months ago in reference to southeastern accents and dialects

My boy was walking through the house on one of his hourly grazing expeditions, so we watched it together. He knows about civil rights from both what he's heard, been taught in school and at home, and things he's seen on TV, but he was really surprised in what the movie portrayed, and that it was from only 45 years ago.

I don't remember the movie Bucky, but I watched some trailers and really want to see it.

Glad you watched it with your boy. You should take him to see Green Book, I hope it does well with the Oscars.

That looks really interesting, thanks, K-L. I'm a fan of Viggo Mortensen. I really liked him in Hidalgo.

I loved the movie, Hidalgo! Viggo Mortenson was great in that movie. I also really want to see Green Book.

Viggo was also great in A Perfect Murder, starring Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow. Did anyone see that? It was based on the old Alfred Hitchcock movie "Dial M For Murder" . Both were darn good flicks. :)

Back
Top Bottom