What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched "The Age of Adaline" today. I had heard about it, but never watched it until today. Stars the beautiful Blake Lively, Michiel Hiusman (had never heard of him because I have never watched Game of Thrones, LOL), Harrison Ford, Ellen Burstyn, and Kathy Baker.

OMGosh, what a GREAT movie! I don't usually get into anything fantasy or scifi, but there was little of that other than the beginning and end - the majority of it was period scenes from the '30's to nearly present day. From the first 5 minutes, I was hooked. The musical score and cinematography was fabulous.

".....after miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively) has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman) reignites her passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents (Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker) threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision that will change her life forever...."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_age_of_adaline

(As usual, I don't care one way or another about the 'reviews'...LOL)

Last edited:
Last night I signed us up for FandangoNow,
what a great service!
We can watch new release movies (or real old stuff too), at home!

Last night we watched Good Hair, a Chris Rock movie from 2009.
I had wanted to watch this when it first came out.
I thought that was a fascinating movie.

AND, I really like having this streaming service, where we can watch up to date movies at home, on the sofa, in our PJ's, and a glass (or three) of wine and any sort of snack or dessert we want! I have 15 movies already in our 'watchlist' :)

I watched "The Age of Adaline" today. I had heard about it, but never watched it until today. Stars the beautiful Blake Lively, Michiel Hiusman (had never heard of him because I have never watched Game of Thrones, LOL), Harrison Ford, Ellen Burstyn, and Kathy Baker. … snipped …

Cheryl, I just added that to my watchlist too, thanks!

I watched "The Age of Adaline" today...
We watched that a year or two ago, Cheryl. Absolutely adored it!

Last night we enjoyed this delightful movie on Netflix...(Five Flights Up)
That looks interesting, Kayelle. I did add it to my movie list in my library account; I'll run it past Himself sometime. However, I just can't imagine Diane and Morgan as a long-married couple. Morgan Freeman seems just to sensible and grounded to put up with Diane Keaton, whom I've always viewed as one Hollyweird's biggest ditzes. :LOL: I guess that's why it's called acting.

You'll love The Age of Adaline, kgirl!

Kay, I'll have to watch 'Five Flights Up'. That sounds like my kind of movie, especially since it stars Morgan Freeman. I just love him - if he's in it, I'm watching it. :)

Last movie I watched was "Everest", a couple of days ago. Holy cow....talk about an edge-of-the-seat movie...:ohmy: I wasn't sure I could get through it, since I have such a fear of heights - even though I was on firm footing from my recliner. :ermm::LOL:. Beautiful scenery, and based on a true story.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2719848/videoplayer/vi1946006297?ref_=tt_ov_vi

We watched that a year or two ago, Cheryl. Absolutely adored it!

That looks interesting, Kayelle. I did add it to my movie list in my library account; I'll run it past Himself sometime. However, I just can't imagine Diane and Morgan as a long-married couple. Morgan Freeman seems just to sensible and grounded to put up with Diane Keaton, whom I've always viewed as one Hollyweird's biggest ditzes. :LOL: I guess that's why it's called acting.

:LOL:To me, they both sound quirky enough to make it work! :ROFLMAO:

I know you and Jeannie will enjoy it Ross. You and I both know the cost of housing in Cali, but NYC is obscene. :wacko:

Rainy day so, we watched 5 Flights Up..

Enjoyed the movie but, I just couldn't get past the 5 Flights Up situation.

The majority of our friends are our age and not one of them would walk 5 Flights Up and down.. :ermm: We would sell... ;)

Good cast and the story line played out well.. :)

Oh.. The pricing didn't surprise me, coming from the part of Cali we did..

Ross

Last edited:
Oh I agree Ross. Keeping in mind they had been in that 5 Flights Up situation for 40 years, there's no way I would have lived there 40 years ago, let alone now. I've never even wanted a two story house!
A modest and small million dollar NYC apartment 5 five flights up boggles my mind.

Last edited:
Yes, good movie, 5 Flights Up. I really enjoyed it, although I kinda predicted the outcome. Just got done watching it at work on the laptop.

But I can't imagine the building with no elevator. How do you haul a piano up there?
And they need a coffee maker. Going out and buying coffee every morning can get expensive.

Since we "cut the cord" from TV,
we have Prime Video (Amazon)
and they have many original movies
as well as series, aka The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
is GREAT btw, and we watched Generation Wealth
last night.
That was a weird, interesting, fascinating, and really well
put together film. How some folks make money, how
they look at wealth, just so out side of my wheelhouse...
DH said, "Where do you find this stuff (he used a different word, but...)"

We have an 8' antenna in our attic. And a well-stocked public library system...

Borrowed "Serenity" from the library; watched it earlier this week. I know I was late to the "Firefly" party, but I sure wish there were more TV episodes and movies by this bunch.

I just watched Green Book. Excellent movie. Based on a true story, but I'm sure the story was embellished to make for good movie watching. Real life is never movie perfect.

Did it earn Best Picture in the Academy Awards? I can't say, since I think this is the only nominee I have watched, so far. It was definitely good entertainment. I enjoyed it.

CD

I just watched Green Book. Excellent movie. Based on a true story, but I'm sure the story was embellished to make for good movie watching. Real life is never movie perfect.

Did it earn Best Picture in the Academy Awards? I can't say, since I think this is the only nominee I have watched, so far. It was definitely good entertainment. I enjoyed it.

CD

Yep, it got the Oscar for best picture. It's the first time I've agreed in several years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom