What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man lucky sons! Hot Fuzz was funny, but yes Shawn of the Dead was way better. I would definitely Netflix Shawn of the Dead, and if it is a hit with you Corazon then go ahead and Netflix Hot fuzz.
You can't go wrong with Shawn of the Dead if you like Zombie movies IMHO...

Just watched the documentary, "Paper Clips." If you haven't had the chance to see it, grab a box of tissues and see it. For a second, at the end, when they are dumping the millions of paper clips into buckets, they just look like paper clips. But when you stop to remember that each of the clips stood for one person who was killed, and there are so many in a bucket that you can't even guess the amount--well, just have the tissue ready. I knew what it was about before I watched it, but I didn't realize that they had researched and found out that paper clips actually had a special meaning during the Holocaust. One of the things that was so neat is that most of the people who sent paper clips didn't just send them alone. They sent very touching letters explaining why the project meant so much to them. Also the song Alison Krauss sings throughout the movie is so haunting and beautiful.

:)Barbara

Thanks Barbara L. I was moved by your post and went to the website for "Paperclips". I am going to watch that one for sure. Even the trailer had me on the edge of tears.

Hot Fuzz and the full Grindhouse presentation... I liked Planet Terror better the second time around and I really liked Death Proof.

apocalypto.

it was ok. not worth paying for, though.

i happened to like most of it, having been interested in the maya since i hiked to chichen itza many years ago. but on different levels, the guy outrunning a jaguar and the fact that an eclipse seemed to surprise them were stupid.

he wouldn't have gotten 50 feet from the cat, and mayans were expert astronomers, argueably the best that ever been. i'm sure they'd have known about a solar eclipse, considering the complexity of the long count calendar.

The Things We Lost in The Fire. Wow. I loved this movie. It's very powerful - Benicio Del Toro is scary good in this film. Not a happy, lighthearted movie but very thought provoking.

We are watching Oceans 13 right now. I can't even remember what happened in Oceans 12, but this one so far is not holding up to Oceans 11 either...

No Country For Old Men. I was pretty disappointed considering all the hype. The first half of the movie was slow moving, but entertaining, but the second half just did not do it for me.

Bummer GB! We both loved it, but it's not a typical Coen Bro's movie so some people have been disappointed. It took me a day or two to be happy with the ending.

We watched The Mist last night, thought it was well done but the ending was pretty dark. I really like Thomas Jane, glad to see he has a few movies coming out.

"john adams", an hbo series.
episode 1 - join or die, and episode 2 - independence.

this is fascinating stuff, even if it is initially about future red sox fans. :cool:
it should be required to be seen in every high school history class.

paul giamatti is great in it. what a big difference from his role as pig vomit.

anyone else watching it?

I don't have HBO so missed John Adams but hope it shows up later on DVD or something. I really wanted to see it since it was filmed in Willliamsburg and Richmond which are only about 30-45 mins from my home.

This last weekend we went and saw The Bank Job. It was way better than I expected. I'd recommend it.

We watched the entire first season of Californication this weekend, we are hooked! Can't wait for the second season to start.

The other night was Alien vs Predator.... a total no brainer. Hopefully they will stop making sequels for them!!

Watched both versions of Dr. Dolittle (Rex Harrison, Eddie Murphy) on TV just because I was bored and had nothing better to do. Then we rented Sydney White - it was cute!

Back
Top Bottom