What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched the Highwaymen the other night - thought it was good.

Just finished "Kill the Messenger" - there's food for thought. Too bad - as it says in the closing - admitting came out during the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal so no one paid attention.

Mary Poppins Returns is finally out on Redbox. When I was a babe, I made my parents sit through Mary Poppins SIXTEEN TIMES! So I’m really excited to see the “sequel!” Tomorrow or Thursday night. I’ll double-dose Mark so he’ll sleep through it, instead of talk through it (unless he loves the movie, he’ll talk, and talk, and talk. And he expects me to listen).

Unlike the original, this was a disappointment.

It wasn't intentional, but we watched "Chef" on Sunday afternoon. We had seen it before. I rarely re-watch a movie I've seen before, but this one was a good movie (IMO). There was nothing else of interest on TV, my baseball game wasn't until 7:00 PM, and I was feeling lazy. Himself didn't remember seeing it before, but it all started coming back to him when Sofia Vergara finally appeared on the screen. :LOL:

CG, was that the Chef one he's trying to make a come back? I really enjoyed it.
Have also seen Ant Man & Wasp and liked it but liked Wonder Woman better which I just finally saw.

Told my son I was starting to tape the Agents of Shield now - his reply... "Mother, you've got the 1st 4 seasons to go first!" eh, maybe when I can binge watch.

Aren't all chef-themed movies about comebacks, dragn? :LOL: This one has Jon Favreau going all nuclear on Dustin Hoffman and a restaurant critic. Favreau and his "son" set out cross-country from Miami to CA, running a taco food truck, along with sidekick John Leguizamo.

CG - you're absolutely right. LOL! Here's to egg on my face! :rolleyes:
Really I should be looking 20 years younger I've been getting egg on my face so much lately.

OK I looked up the one I had seen. Was called Burnt with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. I thought it was really good. Saw it quite awhile ago.

I've also seen the one you mentioned with the food truck - and thought it was good too.

There's also one with Helen Mirren (which just took me 20 min to find the title) "The Hundred Foot Journey" which I also fully enjoyed.

Today we watched "A Little Chaos". Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman and Matthias Schoenaerts played the leads.

A female landscape gardener is awarded the esteemed assignment to construct the grand gardens at Versailles, a gilt-edged position which puts her in the centre of the court of King Louis XIV, where secrets and sadness are buried beneath the glamour.

Watched it on Netflix.. Really enjoyed it..

Ross

...OK I looked up the one I had seen. Was called Burnt with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. I thought it was really good. Saw it quite awhile ago...There's also one with Helen Mirren (which just took me 20 min to find the title) "The Hundred Foot Journey" which I also fully enjoyed.
Those are both on my list. Himself has said he'll watch "100 Foot Journey" (any movie with Helen Mirren is usually great), but I think he'll be on food movie overload if I try to get him to watch "Burnt". :LOL:

Those are both on my list. Himself has said he'll watch "100 Foot Journey" (any movie with Helen Mirren is usually great), but I think he'll be on food movie overload if I try to get him to watch "Burnt". :LOL:

"The 100 Foot Journey" is a fabulous movie, and yes...Helen Mirren is wonderful in it! I have the DVD and just watched it again recently. Just when you think it can't get any better, it gets better - and the foodie scenes are amazing. :)

Today we watched "A Little Chaos". Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman and Matthias Schoenaerts played the leads.

A female landscape gardener is awarded the esteemed assignment to construct the grand gardens at Versailles, a gilt-edged position which puts her in the centre of the court of King Louis XIV, where secrets and sadness are buried beneath the glamour.

Watched it on Netflix.. Really enjoyed it..

Ross

This sounds like something I'd like to see.

I just looked up "A Little Chaos" on my Netflix - not available in my area...

Watched "The Other Bolyn Girl" - it was OK but didn't strike any bells for me.

Still been watching for the new "Peter Rabbit" which is not available in my area either.

'Godzilla' (2014) - Ugh ! Dumb, Shot too dark ( during the Monster on Monster Fight scenes, it's so dark you can't tell who's who...), but at least Godzilla looked like himself ! oh, and He's a good guy in this one... Don't waste your time ...........

aaaa.jpg

Watched Gosford Park on Netflix yesterday.. Very enjoyable..

Staring Maggie Smith and a great cast of characters.. Screenplay by Julian Fellowes..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom