What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tanks for Stalin. On Prime.

Great rip stortin' good time.

"Based on a true story."

Some of the character stories have been fictionalized it said. Most definetly, but it was a great movie. Lots of fun.

One if the few I'll probably watch repeatedly.

We watched Mary Poppins Returns … I was disappointed in it.
Maybe I was holding it to the standards of the original movie :shrug:

Uh-oh, I just picked this up from the library. I'm not expecting it to be like the original since it isn't a remake. Those old movies are magical, though, since they had so many techniques not seen before. I'll be happy enough if it doesn't suck. :LOL:

Uh-oh, I just picked this up from the library. I'm not expecting it to be like the original since it isn't a remake. Those old movies are magical, though, since they had so many techniques not seen before. I'll be happy enough if it doesn't suck. [emoji38]
Diff'rent strokes and all that. We enjoyed it. It reminded me of the original without trying to copy it.

I hear yuh CG.

I was so looking forward to Christopher Robin and although it was good and I enjoyed it there was still that little something that was missing.

Diff'rent strokes and all that. We enjoyed it. It reminded me of the original without trying to copy it.

Got Garlic,
You are right 100%, I thought it was poorly done. Typical contemporary production. Ok to watch once. Even kids were not impressed.

Haven't turned the TV on in a week or two :ohmy: so last night suddenly watched "Shaft" with Samuel J. - had a good chuckle, loved the TV series, looking forward to the 3rd one.

"Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore"

Last night I watched "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" on Netflix, a nearly 50-year old movie that earned Ellen Burstyn a Best Actress Oscar. I'd never seen it before and didn't know what to expect.

It is very much a three-act move and Burstyn's character, Alice, and her son are the only ones in more than one act. Act III also stars Kris Kristofferson, Diane Ladd, and a very young, pre-"Taxi Driver" Jodie Foster. I was surprised to see these were the same characters and premise as the '70's TV show, "Mel's Diner."

I enjoyed the movie as much as anything I've seen in a long time and recommend it without reservation.

Yep, I'll add "Alice..." as well. I never did see the movie when it came out. I'd seen some episodes' of Mel's Diner and knew it was based on the movie but never got into it. Time to catch up.

Did watch Mary Poppins Returns last night and was very disappointed. Felt it was really too close to a remake. The original had a WoW factor that this one can't match. Kids were good, Meryl Streep was,of course, and loved seeing Angela Lansbury in there.

We watched "Mary Poppins Returns" tonight. We really liked it. Well, that's the aggregate score. :LOL: I loved it, but them I'm a big sucker for just about any musical. Himself said that it was "OK", which is his usual response for a musical. I think the last musical that he really enjoyed was "Chicago" - and I think it had a lot to do with Catherine Zeta-Jones. :cool:

I went into watching the movie knowing only one thing: that it was not a remake of the original. Therefore, I did not hold it to the same standard. After all, no matter who is in the sequel, it's hard to beat Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke - or Navckid Keyd, if you prefer. For the most part, I found it very enjoyable. Still, I think that the songs from "The Greatest Showman" are safe running on the tape in my head. The "Poppins" songs didn't stick as much.

Bohemian Rhapsody. I don't think I have ever enjoy Quin as much as I did watching this movie.

And that's despite the fact that I do not like the Rami Malek who played the main character. Not that I know anything about him. But an association of him and some roll he played in the past just doesn't seat well with me. You know kind of like you hate n"nurse Ratched" and then anything Louise Fletcher is in and you do not like her still. I actually could not watch any movies with her in after "One flew over the cuckoo's nest". I hated her so much.

Back to Bohemian Rhapsody. Excellent film. Liked it a lot. Even got a teary eye.

Don't bother with the new Hellboy, if you are so inclined, complete garbage. The disc is now a coaster and I have an empty Blue-Ray case.

Last night we watched JUNGLE on Amazon Prime. Daniel Radcliffe has become an outstanding adult actor. It was an exciting nail biting adventure based on a true story and we both really liked the wild ride!! Not for the faint of heart.

Wow, definitely not for faint heart. Pretty intense. Thank you.

I ended up watching Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte and The Snake Pit. Olivia de Havilland was in both movies and seeing them back to back like that makes me really in awe of her acting skills.

Back
Top Bottom