What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SC and I went to see the new Lion King movie today.....
just SPECTACULAR, but too realistically scary for really little kids in my opinion.

We loved it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY

Here's the shot by shot comparison from the original version in 1994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDu8cuCY6A

Thanks so much for posting the trailer and the comparison shots, Kay....you beat me to it! Wasn't that a great re-make? Daughter and I took the grands to see The Lion King, and we all loved it. Pretty cushy theater in Calabasas, I was all about kicking back and getting comfy. lol

Last edited:
Fun movie. :)

Attachments

• fixin' to see The Lion King at a comfy theater.jpg
    fixin' to see The Lion King at a comfy theater.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 107
What a cool picture Cheryl...your boys I mean. We have those new chairs in our little local theater too, and it would sure be easy to fall asleep, but not in the case of the Lion King. They have to cost a fortune so it's a mystery to me.

I heard that your local theater was damaged in the earthquake..have they fixed it yet?

Last edited:
What a cool picture Cheryl...your boys I mean. We have those new chairs in our little local theater too, and it would sure be easy to fall asleep, but not in the case of the Lion King. They have to cost a fortune so it's a mystery to me.

I heard that your local theater was damaged in the earthquake..have they fixed it yet?

Thanks, Kay......yes, the interior roof caved. After a couple of weeks of repair, the theater was cleared to open back up today.

My daughter recently showed me this clip called Jumpin Jive featuring Cab Calloway & the Nicholas Brothers.

Wow, I'm impressed -- very impressed with the Nicholas Brothers' performance.

It's from the movie Stormy Weather. I will need to look for it.
That is some impressive dancing, bbq. When they first go up the stairs in tandem, they look like marionettes being pulled up with strings! Great cut - it has big band, tap, and scat. Himself loves those kinds of movies. I wander in for the musical numbers if I'm not busy with something else. BTW, the C/W MARS Library System has several videos available for borrowing. I don't know which library system you're on, but I would think that the one that serves Greater Boston and the eastern suburbs would have some in their inventory.

Following this thread, I believe I'm in the minority when I say that I believe Quinton Tarantino to be a genius..

We went to see "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood" today..

Magnificent twists and turns.. Mary Poppins, it ain't..

Ross

Ross, the trailer running on TV makes that look like a really good, fun movie. However, Tarantino's movies can be a bit...graphic? Violent? Bloody? That's why I've shied away from them. How did "Once Upon a Time..." rate on the "ew" scale?

I've liked some of his movies and some not. A friend saw "Once upon a..." and surprisingly liked it. I'm thinking this will be one that I'll like.

Ross, the trailer running on TV makes that look like a really good, fun movie. However, Tarantino's movies can be a bit...graphic? Violent? Bloody? That's why I've shied away from them. How did "Once Upon a Time..." rate on the "ew" scale?

Very, very, very and definitely very.. As I posted, this ain't for most Mary Poppins fans.. ;)

To me, his best since his 1994, Pulp Fiction..

Ross

Hey, Ross, just because I liked "Mary Poppins Returns" doesn't mean I don't watch with interest those ME scenes in police dramas. :LOL: I'm not a fan of movies, TV shows, etc that resort to gratuitous violence or sex. But when it's germane to the story line I'm OK with it.

All out of 25 cent words for now; I think I need to stop posting and find some new ones. :LOL:

I’m still trying to figure out what Pulp Fiction was about.

If you mean that the plot was a bit confusing, I understand..

To me, the interesting thing about many of Tarantino's movies is the there are plots within plots..

I watch his movies numerous times as, there always seems to be something new each time.. One thing seems to tie in with another.. I love that.. :)

Ross

Following this thread, I believe I'm in the minority when I say that I believe Quinton Tarantino to be a genius..

Magnificent twists and turns.. Mary Poppins, it ain't..

Ross

Looks like you are not in the minority, I love Tarantino movies, too! I even had a cat named Django from the movie.

Just watched Searching. If you have kids, don't watch. Or maybe the opposite, do watch. ( no crying emoji? Really?)

I was ready to be wowed but instead we were really disappointed and were bored stiff till the ending. I nearly fell asleep. It sure wasn't Quinton Tarantino at his finest in our opinion.

I've had a lot of time on my hand at work lately. I wish they would just let me go home, take some time off, and when they need me I'd stay and put extra hours to make up time missed. But no. Well, their loss. In the mean time I've been watching a lot of movies. My gosh, how much garbage is out there. It is beyond ridiculous.
he last one I saw was called Permission. Just terrible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom