What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeannie and I watch a lot of movies on Netflix and Prime.. Some are good, some not so much..From time to time I mention one on this thread..

Today we watched Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont..

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/mrs-palfrey-at-the-claremont-2006

After the death of her husband, Mrs. Palfrey (Joan Plowright) moves to London with the hope of gaining her independence and seeing her grandson. While she is staying at a residential hotel for senior citizens, she meets writer Ludovic Meyer (Rupert Friend) when she trips and falls on the street in front of his home. An unlikely friendship flourishes between them, bolstered by the fact that the residents are under the impression that Ludovic is Mrs. Palfrey's estranged grandson.

This was on Prime and if you do not have Prime, I believe its lovely enough to seek elsewhere..

Ross

Jeannie and I watch a lot of movies on Netflix and Prime.. Some are good, some not so much..From time to time I mention one on this thread..

Today we watched Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont..

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/mrs-palfrey-at-the-claremont-2006

After the death of her husband, Mrs. Palfrey (Joan Plowright) moves to London with the hope of gaining her independence and seeing her grandson. While she is staying at a residential hotel for senior citizens, she meets writer Ludovic Meyer (Rupert Friend) when she trips and falls on the street in front of his home. An unlikely friendship flourishes between them, bolstered by the fact that the residents are under the impression that Ludovic is Mrs. Palfrey's estranged grandson.

This was on Prime and if you do not have Prime, I believe its lovely enough to seek elsewhere..

Ross

I loved that movie Ross!! :wub:

The 12th Man. During WWII, two of my Dad's cousins were in the Norwegian Resistance. They were given #s and not known by their names. One was #17, the other was either #16 or 18. He was captured by the Nazis and sent to a concentration camp. My great-great-grandfather was the first consulate general to Norway when Norway was given her independence from Sweden. This movie speaks to me. I also have watched All the King's Men. Because of my great-great grandfather's service, we have several items that were gifted to the family by the first Norwegian royal family. If you haven't watched The 12th Man and don't know the history of the Norwegian Resistance and are of Scandinavian heritage, I suggest you do.

Last edited:
This week we watched an Australian movie on Prime.. Ladies in Black..

In the summer of 1959, Lisa, a shy schoolgirl, takes a job in Sydney's prestigious department store Goode's. There, her life is changed forever when she meets the "ladies in black."

If you want a sweet movie, lacking violence, sex and bad people, I urge you to try this one..

Ross

This week we watched an Australian movie on Prime.. Ladies in Black..

In the summer of 1959, Lisa, a shy schoolgirl, takes a job in Sydney's prestigious department store Goode's. There, her life is changed forever when she meets the "ladies in black."

If you want a sweet movie, lacking violence, sex and bad people, I urge you to try this one..

Ross

I'll be looking for that one Ross. Here's another one that I know you and many others will enjoy if you haven't seen it..
"The Intern" was delightful and with Robert De Niro and Ann Hathaway it was a sure bet. It's on Netflix and here's a clip for a better idea of the good story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr6ulDgsF10

I'll be looking for that one Ross. Here's another one that I know you and many others will enjoy if you haven't seen it..
"The Intern" was delightful and with Robert De Niro and Ann Hathaway it was a sure bet. It's on Netflix and here's a clip for a better idea of the good story.

Thank you, Kayelle.. I believe that we will enjoy this one.. :)

Ross

OMGosh, "The Intern" was a great movie! I saw that on the big screen when it first came out, and loved it. Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro were great, and as Kayelle said, it's a must see. :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom