What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roadfix, I want to see Mister Rogers as well. Love Tom Hanks in every movie he's been in.

Cats is playing here now - I want to see that one but will have to wait. Sounds like a cute and fun flick. I can't bring myself to go to our local theater since the roof collapsed during the July earthquakes....just can't do it.:(
I'll see both of them when they come out on dvd.

Last edited:
Cheryl, I'm so sorry about you feeling unsafe in your local theater now, although it's certainly understandable. I know you and I both enjoy seeing movies on the big screen when they come out and it's a shame such a simple pleasure is gone for you now.

I also really want to see Cats and I wish you lived closer so you could join me in my little theater. I'd pop for the popcorn. ;):wub:

It’ll be a rainy Xmas day so we’re planning on watching a couple movies with the grand kids this evening.
IMG_1393.jpg

So sorry Kay....thought I already responded to your post. That feeling may go away someday, I sure hope so. Yes, I would definitely feel safer in your movie theater than here! haha

Cats is playing here now - I want to see that one but will have to wait. Sounds like a cute and fun flick. I can't bring myself to go to our local theater since the roof collapsed during the July earthquakes....just can't do it.:(
I'll see both of them when they come out on dvd.

You know the movie is bad when they had to already send to movie theaters a CGI patch update;)

I recently watched Oddball on IMDB. It was made about four years ago based on a true story that happened about fifteen years ago. Streams free with very few commercials. I liked it a lot but it isn't for everybody. You might like it too if you like:
  • Australian movies
  • Kids
  • Dogs
  • Penguins
  • Heartwarming movies for the whole family
  • Movies like Disney used to make.
  • The red-head daughter from HBO's Succession.
After watching it's interesting to read about what actually happened since the events in the movie. It's well documented in the international press but I won't spoil it except to say they didn't exactly all live happily ever after.

You know the movie is bad when they had to already send to movie theaters a CGI patch update;)

Hi kleenex. Not sure I understand what you mean....most of the movies in the past few decades have CGI in some form or another. I still want to see Cats. :)

Was on the plane yesterday. Saw two movies. "The art of self-defence" and "Beautiful darkness". Weird and weirder.

We watched a really good entertaining film from Amazon, based on a true story. It was a different and thrilling movie I think most people would really enjoy. Check it out. The Aeronauts

https://www.bing.com/search?q=youtu...F1KVCmnGx*bABf0zIMAQaJOfZjQqRBZk5Nvfj&plvar=0

Saw it too. Yes it was very entertaining. Kept me on the edge of the seat the whole movie. And yes it was inspired by true events, but the "poetic license" producers took, was so poetic" that there was nothing real about the movie.
Either the producers were dumb, or they think that people are dumb, or the worst one is maybe they are trying to make us dumb.

Sullivan's Travels 1941

I get a kick out of vintage stuff including movies. Old black and white Flic's can be a blast.

Recently I watched Sullivan's Travels about a Reporter who wants to go undercover to report on the common man's plight during the Great Depression.
His newspaper sponsor wants him to travel in a fully staffed RV but he wants to be on his own. So he has to shake them off and this scene shows his break out moment. It's great but the seen with the cook awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFs4IFOsEac

Full movie

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF0BB100AF32EA222

It is Oscar season again the next Oscar Nominated Documentary I watched was Walk, Run, Cha Cha. A short also 21 minute piece you can see for free.

https://vimeo.com/380740144

This one stars Paul and Millie Cao who lost their youth to the aftermath of the Vietnam War. They wind up both meeting each other again in California again after 6 years of being apart. We see them in the present day doing ballroom dancing connecting and rediscovering themselves.

I can see why this was nominated for an Oscar as this was a sweet short piece.

Back
Top Bottom