What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who watched the Academy Awards last night?
I was very surprised by some of the winners, like how well Parasite did. Personally, I have no desire to see a depressing movie that's subtitled. How strange there was so little talk about it even being a serious contender for best picture. :wacko:
Has anyone here seen it?

Decided to watch The Danish Girl on Netflix. Didn't know anything about it but have admired Alicia Vikander since she started acting.

Surprised, disappointed even, to discover "the girl" in question is Eddie Redmayne.

I watched some of the Oscars Sunday night. Was definitely surprised to see Eminem, until I thought back and analyzed the segment he was in - they had just played clips from a lot of the past Best Song winners, and he won that award for Lose Yourself. Think I may try to watch 8 Mile later today.

Who watched the Academy Awards last night?
I was very surprised by some of the winners, like how well Parasite did. Personally, I have no desire to see a depressing movie that's subtitled. How strange there was so little talk about it even being a serious contender for best picture. :wacko:
Has anyone here seen it?

I did not watch the academy awards.
But I was really surprised when I found out Parasite had won BP. I watched it a few days ago and thought it was ok, but not BP material.....surprised it was even nominated.

Instead of watching the awards I watched ‘1917’ and ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ that evening. I didn’t really care for either of them.

On TBD TV they are airing "My Generation" narrated by the actor Michael Caine. It's an interesting three act presentation of the 1950's in the UK (working class revolution) which preceded the British Invasion (of pop music, style, fashion, etc) in the USA during the 1960's.

It is available free on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta4lH1VMXik

Michael Caine states that when this "revolution" (which most of us know as the "60's"), came he was nearly 30 years of age. Like a grand father to so many of the kids who were creating it. Myself, I've spoken with a lot of people about the 60's and found a lot confusion as to what it was all about. This movie may help to get a little better view of why and how it began.

I've often heard the 60'd (in the USA) was like 3 decades occurring in one as that much change in our society took place.

I watched some of the Oscars Sunday night. Was definitely surprised to see Eminem, until I thought back and analyzed the segment he was in - they had just played clips from a lot of the past Best Song winners, and he won that award for Lose Yourself. Think I may try to watch 8 Mile later today.

It was his make-up performance of the song.

I saw 1917 a couple of weeks age, and if it wasn't the worst movie I've ever sat through, it was close to the worst.

It was tedious, at best, 2 hours 5 minutes of more of the same, with bits clearly 'lifted' from Saving Private Ryan.

The cinematography was fantastic, some of the sets outstanding, but so many implausible, also predictable, parts made it trash for me.

I saw 1917 a couple of weeks age, and if it wasn't the worst movie I've ever sat through, it was close to the worst.

It was tedious, at best, 2 hours 5 minutes of more of the same, with bits clearly 'lifted' from Saving Private Ryan.

The cinematography was fantastic, some of the sets outstanding, but so many implausible, also predictable, parts made it trash for me.

I agree, I also felt the same about ‘Dunkirk’.

This could not stink... It was Oscar nominated;)

The last movie I did watch was Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing Missouri. I could certainly see why this movie was an Oscar nominee and worth of Oscar wins.

Quality acting and a quality story line.

Back
Top Bottom