What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We both loved that movie too Ross!! Not only was it unlike anything I would have chosen to watch, I thought the premise of the story fascinating and well told.

Theron is one of the great actresses of our time I think.

Who can ever forget her as the mass murderer of men? She was so UGLY in that movie, I could hardly believe it was her. Did you see her in that?
I can't remember the name of the movie.

"Monster" was the movie which convinced me that I'd watch anything she acted in.. :)

Ross

Not a genre of movie I'd search for but, I will watch anything staring Charlize Theron..

The Old Guard- Netflix

"A group of mercenaries, all centuries-old immortals with the ability to heal themselves, discover someone is onto their secret, and they must fight to protect their freedom."

Loved it.. :)

Ross

Yes, loved it too. Can't wait for sequel.

Two movies in one weekend? :huh: I'm turning into my husband! [emoji3] Himself is a big TV watcher. Big "old movie" watcher. I usually find other things to do.

On Friday, we dusted off an old movie via Roku, "Donnie Brasco". Johnny Depp plays the lead, an FBI agent who infiltrates the Mob. Al Pacino plays mafioso member "Lefty" who takes Brasco under his wing. Good, basic mob movie. I've been fascinated with the Mafia ever since I was a teen and found out that the brother-in-law of my uncle-in-law was the Cleveland mob's "accountant". :ermm: :ohmy: I always wondered how he and his wife afforded such a fabulous house. Then fast forward with our own personal encounter with FBI agents scouring our first house to make sure we had not been bugged by the Mod due to our next door neighbors having interactions with the Mob. They ended up going into WitSec.

Tonight, we got around to watching something new, "Knives Out". Like all of you who have already seen it. we loved it. What amazes me, though, is how old some of the actresses looked. Himself thought that Jamie Lee Curtis was older than he is (71) and was surprised to find out that she is only 61. Did I mention how much we loved this movie?

Now looking forward to "Hamilton", dropping on Disney+ on Friday.
What did you think of Hamilton?

I'm a long time fan of the soundtrack who finally saw it live last year, but had nosebleed seats.

I loved seeing the facial expressions!

Lisa, we haven't seen it yet. By the time I get ready to sit down for the night I decide I'm too tired to make it through 3+ hours. I'll get there soon - I'm afraid that Disney will pull it before I get the chance!

Lisa, we haven't seen it yet. By the time I get ready to sit down for the night I decide I'm too tired to make it through 3+ hours. I'll get there soon - I'm afraid that Disney will pull it before I get the chance!
I honestly had to watch it 1 act at a time. I loved it but was still nodding off by intermission. [emoji1]

Sounds like a good idea, Lisa. It's not like we don't know how it ends!

We did take the time to watch a movie that ranks in the top three favorites of Loverly:s list that neither of us had seen: The Princess Bride. Now we understand so many of the memes that cycle through Facebook! [emoji38]

We did take the time to watch a movie that ranks in the top three favorites of Loverly:s list that neither of us had seen: The Princess Bride. Now we understand so many of the memes that cycle through Facebook! [emoji38]

"As you wish"

I haven't seen it, either. Which service is it on?

It's a freebie on Disney+. Actually, both Hamilton and The Princess Bride are free with a Disney+ account. Loverly added us as family since she and her SO have it for the three kids. Or four, if you count Loverly. [emoji38]

I love SF. My earliest memories of movies I watched are SF movies. So the other day I watched 3022 on Netflix. To say it it was bad is to say nothing.
Do not bother. Do not waist your time.

Darn, we don't have that [emoji17]

Before I got Netflix for myself I piggybacked off my daughter in Edmonton.
LOL - you must know someone near by that you could piggyback off of, like say in Washington State? this is how far apart we are

Didn't cost her anything extra. Then I got Disney off my son, but I think it's free anyhow. Maybe not Disney+ but never looked.

Watched the 1999 dark comedy, "Cookies Fortune" on Netflix. It was a fun movie.

After learning that her aunt, an elderly Mississippi widow (Patricia Neal), has taken her own life, Camille (Glenn Close) hatches an unusual postmortem plan. With her sister (Julianne Moore) in tow, Camille hides evidence that points to suicide, deciding instead to make the death look like a murder. Her scheme, fueled by vanity and greed, is not victimless, as it appears that a local handyman (Charles S. Dutton) might take the fall for a crime that never occurred.

Lots of B movie stars in it.. :)

Ross

They used to be A stars, Ross. They must have been for me to recognize the names. I'll have to remember to run that title past Himself
~Edit: just looked at the full cast list. Wow, lots of interesting names. People from TV, movies - and the daughter of a rock star, Liv Tyler. Quite a mix of cast members.

While I was finishing up getting Sunday supper plated, Himself was scanning the selection on either Roku or Prime or Disney+. I can't keep them straight. Roku is ours, we piggyback on Loverly's account for the other two. Anyway, while looking for a movie to watch he said "didn't you used to read books by an author Janet Evanovich?" Why, yes I did. Her first book, One for the Money, was made into a movie. He actually suggested it. No surprise - Katherine Heigl played the lead and he likes Katherine Heigl. :LOL: It was actually a decent movie - I usually don't like the ones made from series that I've read, since the actors on the screen rarely match up with my mental picture of the characters. This one worked - although I would have cast Dwayne Johnson as "Ranger".

Last edited:
I've done it again. Movie is called 1 BR, it is not a horror flick, but might as well could have been, because the movie is horrendous.

On the other hand I watched The sleepover (2020). It really is a kids movie, but it was funny.

Hello Cloying and Welcome to DC!

Yes I really enjoy that movie as well. They've left it open for a sequel - so hope it happens, that is without degrading into a TV serial.

Halmstad, in Sweden? We have other members here from Sweden. Welcome again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom