What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a little kid I walked through the 20.000 Leagues Under The Sea movie set exhibit at Disneyland. The movie fascinated me and the set was bigger than life.

I saw the movie again a few decades back and thought something missing.

I brought it up on Diz+ and I was right it was a shortened version before. They played the full length on Diz + and come to think of it - I liked the shortened version better.

Who does not love a donut? Who does not like to view something for free.

Why not watch the nicely produced documentary called "The Donut King." It is about the journey of Cambodian refugee Ted Ngoy, who arrived in California in the 1970s and, through a mixture of diligence and luck, built a multi-million dollar donut empire up and down the West Coast.

I though the documentary was nicely produced and very informative on the life Ted had.

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/documentaries/the-donut-king/

Good documentary. We lost track of what was going down a couple times but figured it out.

When I was a little kid I walked through the 20.000 Leagues Under The Sea movie set exhibit at Disneyland. The movie fascinated me and the set was bigger than life.

I saw the movie again a few decades back and thought something missing.

I brought it up on Diz+ and I was right it was a shortened version before. They played the full length on Diz + and come to think of it - I liked the shortened version better.
That's like Apocolypse Now. The long cut is interesting, but I see why they cut out what they did. It flows better.

The cut out scenes just bog it down like needless speed bumps.

That's like Apocolypse Now. The long cut is interesting, but I see why they cut out what they did. It flows better.

The cut out scenes just bog it down like needless speed bumps.

I call the "Rest Periods" not something you want during a fast paced movie. Of course you can always dash to the bathroom when they happen.

I call the "Rest Periods" not something you want during a fast paced movie. Of course you can always dash to the bathroom when they happen.

The bathroom breaks were how Jack Warner rated pre screenings of his productions.
The more breaks the less he liked the movie.

I rewatched "Good Morning Viet Nam"

was just as funny the 2nd time as the first

but also just as heartbreaking as all movies are that have anything to do with war - even comedies...

It’s not a movie, rather mini series. Quinn’s Gambit. I was hesitant to watch because in the past I didn’t like the main actress, but it was really good. Fictional story, but good TV.

It’s not a movie, rather mini series. Quinn’s Gambit. I was hesitant to watch because in the past I didn’t like the main actress, but it was really good. Fictional story, but good TV.

Tried to find this. Found it in book form but not in video.
I'm assuming you didn't mean Queen's Gambit, a movie we enjoyed.

Can you help me with finding it? :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom