"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #4441
Master Chef

Question

Rarest of the treats for us. Kids are away in camp, so we decided to go to the movies. To go as the whole family is just way too expensive on my salary. Though there was nothing too interesting we opt to see the amazing spider man 3D. If it was not 3D there would be nothing special about the movie.

I am wondering:
First of all, why do the y keep remaking old movies, and it is not even old it is only couple-few years when they made movie with the Tobey Maguire, ok fine 10 years ago. What is the point of making the same movie over and over again? I understand some old movie, but not 10 years old. Really?
Second of all, why in the world do they have some almost 30 or so playing teenagers? What is wrong with teenagers playing themselves? It is not 1920 when they had women play boys, ridiculous.
Third of all, there was probably at least 30 minutes of previous and none of them look nice. I mean they might be good movies, but not nice. Fighting, killing, dark, creepy comes to mind to describe what I saw, nothing family like.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #4442
Cook

The Dark Knight Rises was released in Australia today so off we went to check it out.
The sound track, both music and sound effects, are way to loud for the movie and completely override the vocals.
Terribly difficult to understand what anyone is saying most of the time.
Very long film as well.
Was OK, not great.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #4443
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchett View Post
The Dark Knight Rises was released in Australia today so off we went to check it out.
The sound track, both music and sound effects, are way to loud for the movie and completely override the vocals.
Terribly difficult to understand what anyone is saying most of the time.
Very long film as well.
Was OK, not great.
The only movie I ever attended where the music was not too loud was "Mama Mia." The audience sang right along with the movie. Then at the end they just played the songs with the words on the screen. Then the whole audience was singing. The same thing with the stage show. And now the stage show is making its third appearance in Boston. Would love to go, but tickets are just too expensive. And I would have to go in my wheel chair. But that's okay. I have the DVD.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #4444
Master Chef

i think it is some kind of new tendency. All the movies nowadays have this "loud music" problem, if you ask me. I cannot here the dialog half of the time.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #4445
Executive Chef

High School Musical - 1, 2, and 3
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #4446
Chef Extraordinaire

Cant wait to go and see the new Batman film...hubby is dying to see it too

If the music and sounds are that loud, you certainly wouldn't be able to hear Batman talk, as he talks ever so quietly LOL
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #4447
Executive Chef

The Incredible Hulk. The one with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. It wasn't bad.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #4448
Master Chef

Watched Secondhand Lions last night. Excellent movie. I really enjoyed Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osment in this film.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #4449
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We watched "Journey 2" Friday night with our friends. We all loved it. After that, since we got to watch "Mirror, Mirror" last week, we watched a "guy movie," as James called it--"Battle Force." It was a little slow moving at times, but it was okay.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #4450
Head Chef

Last night it was "Kings of Pastry," a documentary "inside the deliciously cutthroat ...legendary French pastry competition" held every four years. It was fun to watch and I surprised myself, gasping out loud a couple of times when sugar sculptures went kaflooey. Good fun. Good ol' Netflix.