What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched "Lawless" on Netflix tonight. It is a prohibition-era story about a mountain moonshiner family at war against corrupt lawmen. It is a cliche premise but I liked the movie a lot.

Note: never posted a link to the Realgood website before. If it doesn't work let me know so I don't repeat the same mistake. Here is the IMDB link.

Cry Macho

Today I watched "Cry Macho," Clint Eastwood's new movie about an elderly Texas cowboy sent to rescue a young teenaged boy in Mexico. This won't be listed among Clint's best movies but I liked it; mostly.

Clint who is 91-years-old has twenty years on me. If still above ground, I hope to be as spry at that age. Didn't quite buy him as a romantic lead but was more or less okay with it by the ending. [Edited to remove spoiler]

It is really the story of a friendship developed between a young boy and an old man. Reminds me of "Driveways" with Brian Dennehy, a better movie with a similar theme minus the contrived romance.

Last edited:
Today I watched "Cry Macho," Clint Eastwood's new movie about an elderly Texas cowboy sent to rescue a young teenaged boy in Mexico. This won't be listed among Clint's best movies but I liked it; mostly.

Clint who is 91-years-old has twenty years on me. If still above ground, I hope to be as spry at that age. Didn't quite buy him as a romantic lead but was more or less okay with it by the ending. [Edited to remove spoiler]

It is really the story of a friendship developed between a young boy and an old man. Reminds me of "Driveways" with Brian Dennehy, a better movie with a similar theme minus the contrived romance.

Watching it now...

If you want to see a FREE movie that has full English subtitles over on Tubi go take a look at Domingo. This is supposed to be a Tubi Exclusive movie.

https://tubitv.com/movies/617069/domingo?start=true

The movie starts out with the wife leaving Domingo and then Domingo trying to prove he's not a failure by chasing his dream of being a soccer commentator starting out with amateur matches.

I thought the movie fully worked for what it is. I thought Domingo really had it on soccer commentary and the movie made you feel for the Domingo.

I give the movie a thumbs up.

Last edited:
Our local community theatre will be presenting "The Cemetery Club" onstage next month, so I got the DVD from the library just to see what the movie is like. LOTS of scene changes in that; I'll bet that the stage presentation is a bit more simplified. Anyway, we enjoyed the movie even though it's nearly three decades old.

We three watched Linda Ronstadt: The Sound Of My Voice

OH.MY.GOSH!!!!

First, I love her, always have.

Second, I love to sing as much as she does.

Third, she's from Tucson, where we use to live-her family is very prominent there.

Fourth, I was singing with her, I love to sing, not nearly as good as her, but music is music, I was brought up very similarly to her with music and singing in the house all the time, you just have to sing when others are singing!

Fifth, I sing in Hawaiian, I hear certain songs in English and the Hawaiian pops into my head, as Linda heard Spanish.

And lastly, this documentary brought tears to my eyes

If you want to Watch a short feel good free documentary watch Zion Body of Strength. Zion was Left in foster homes until 16 when he finally got adopted. Finding his way onto a high school sports team and changing the life of his coach and the team he was on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRvGlB1-Ku8

Saw the Ronstadt film: excellent, with good performance clips.

Most recent: The Burnt Orange Heresy, that being the title scrawled on the back of an empty canvas by a famous painter. It skewers art critics and the high-end art biz, while sympathising with artists. The ensemble cast— Claes Bang, Elisabeth Debicki, Donald Sutherland, and Mick Jagger— are top-notch in this artsy, provocative noir thriller.

IejLvGL.jpg

Last edited:
Saw Kate. If you want one of those no brain, fighting movies, that's the one.

Also saw The Guilty. That was quite intense. One man show practically. Recommended.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom