What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello bucky, coming out for lunch?

Attachments

• dragonatthegates2b.JPG
    dragonatthegates2b.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 93
Lol. Wait. I hope we're talking about the Emma Thompson flick.

My wife makes fun of me for liking chick flicks like
Last Christmas, and Bridesmaids.

My defense is Ars Gratia Artis.

Yeah, I watched it because I like Emma Thompson. Was tired of some of the 'heavy' movies I'd been watching lately.

I think Emma Thompson co-wrote the story line. I think...

Could be. We are simpatico in every sense.

I was in a hotel for work (short turnaround less than 8 hurs between shifts) and had time to kill while I was supposed to sleep. The sweet little love story filled the time.

The newest documentary I watched was the 2022 Oscar nominated Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised) one.

A look at the 1969 taped Harlem Cultural Festival that was on for multiple weeks and never got to see the light of day until the documentary came out.

The documentary is full of musical pieces and short interviews from artists and people that went to the event. Stevie Wonder Playing drums, Gladys Knight and the pips, Sly and the Family Stone, David Ruffin and more!!

Stevie is playing as we land on the moon at the same time...

To me this is a complete must see just for the musical performances alone. Some artists you may have never even seen before. It was that well produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slFiJpAxZyQ

Watched "Proof" starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake Guyllenhaal. What a powerful movie, especially Hopkins' performance. However, Paltrow did a stellar job with her character.

I was especially drawn to the film because my youngest brother played the role by Anthony Hopkins in one of our local playhouse events. My bro did a great job, too.

I'm a math junkie but nothing near what these characters portrayed.

The latest movie I saw was Ford v. Ferrari. The racing movie about Ford winning the Le Mans race.

Acting was solid and the movie was certainly very well edited.

Watched "The Descendants" last night on HULU. George Clooney starred with few big names (IMO) but it was an enjoyable movie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom