What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just watched Father Stu. We thought it was a comedy. What a powerful movie! More than a few tears here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched another couple of stinkers, one of them was Settlers, the other I cannot even remember the name.

But also I saw a really good movie, Phantom, it is about Soviet Submarine. Real event of 1968 when one of their subs disappear.

Besides being a very interesting take on what happed (obviously a film maker's imagination) what I really liked was, Russians did not speak bad English, as in many movies, even when the whole movie is about Russia. I absolutely hate that. Everybody knows that Russians speak Russian, no reason have American actors pretend to speak with bad Russian accent. Anyway, it was a good to have them speak normally. Good actors too. I like David Duchovny, though I don't think he is a good bad guy, he is too sweet looking, he does good guys better. Anyway, I recommend it.

I watched another couple of stinkers, one of them was Settlers, the other I cannot even remember the name.

But also I saw a really good movie, Phantom, it is about Soviet Submarine. Real event of 1968 when one of their subs disappear.

Besides being a very interesting take on what happed (obviously a film maker's imagination) what I really liked was, Russians did not speak bad English, as in many movies, even when the whole movie is about Russia. I absolutely hate that. Everybody knows that Russians speak Russian, no reason have American actors pretend to speak with bad Russian accent. Anyway, it was a good to have them speak normally. Good actors too. I like David Duchovny, though I don't think he is a good bad guy, he is too sweet looking, he does good guys better. Anyway, I recommend it.

I don't mind when they try the accent, even if they aren't good at it. I don't like when they try to sound like a russian who doesn't speak english trying to speak english but pretending it is russian. :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind when they try the accent, even if they aren't good at it. I don't like when they try to sound like a russian who doesn't speak english trying to speak english but pretending it is russian. :ROFLMAO:
Lol. I'd rather hear a bad Russian accent than have to read subtitles. Too distracting.

I came across a movie called "Love in Aruba" and we thought it might be fun to watch to see some sights we recognize from our many trips there. I was not worth it. A formulaic romcom enhanced by mediocre acting, writing, etc. Oh well...

I have the sub-titles on all the time. Started off just recently when watching foreign movies but then had to put it on while watching a Scottish series - just couldn't catch what they were saying! LOL Have left it on ever since.

Did get started on subtitles for my daughter back in the 70/80's as her hearing aids couldn't pick things up fast enough for her to understand what was going on. Got sort of used to it, now don't notice when it's there but miss it when it's not. :rolleyes::LOL:

Lol. I'd rather hear a bad Russian accent than have to read subtitles. Too distracting.

We watch a lot of movies with subtitles on... someone has a hard time hearing at times...:whistling

I don't want to read a movie while hearing someone speak where I can't understand them.

We just watched The Contractor. If you like espionage and/or Chris Pine, you'll love this movie. Well written, not too predictable, enough action, mystery and chase scenes!

On the other hand, yesterday, we watched Everything Everywhere All At Once. While the first 10 minutes or so, seemed promising, it then took a steep spiral down into the netherworlds. SKIP IT! Or don't complain to me!

We watched "Lady of the Manor" Saturday night. It was rated 5.3 on IMDB, and it did not lie. The premise was cute enough (tour guide at a historic Savannah home is befriended by the ghost of the former owner who was murdered by her husband). The language and acting was somewhat raunchy and low quality. It wasn't a total waste of time since I got to sit and veg for an hour and a half. That's about the best review I can give it.

...we watched Everything Everywhere All At Once...SKIP IT! Or don't complain to me!
Love your disclaimer, Ginny!

? you got me all confused there, lol,

We watched Uncharted last night. If you like the treasure hunt kind of movies, it is a good one. Probably a bit predictable, but with Tom Holland (Spiderman), Mark Wahlbert and Antonio Banderas, who cares? We found it very entertaining.

The next Documentary I saw was He’s My Brother. This aired on PBS for the POV show.

https://www.pbs.org/pov/films/hesmybrother/

The story of the documentary is....

Christine's brother Peter experiences his world through touch, smell, and taste. Now 30 years old, Peter's family is having trouble finding the proper care for his multiple disabilities. He's My Brother explores how the family works to assure him a dignified life once the parents are gone – and Christine's own uncertainties about one day becoming his primary caregiver.

I thought it was a nice look at Peter who has loads of medical challenges. They showed a bunch of happy times with him as an adult.

I think the family is not going to do well long term at all with medical help for him though.

This documentary is 1000% English subtitled and free to watch for a couple months online though PBS.

We watched The Lost City, over the weekend. Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. A different kind of role for Mr. Tatum, but I thought he did well. it is light-hearted, entertaining and has some beautiful scenery.

We're on the waiting list for that one from the library. We're #122 of 231 people waiting in line for one of 66 copies. When I put in my request just a few weeks ago, we were in the low 200s. Moving along quite nicely!

Sunday morning, we watched (most of) The Pirate, 1948 movie starring Judy Garland and Gene Kelly. Big production movie! They don't make them like that anymore!

Later, we watched a new movie, Morbius. Not a movie for everyone...and we are not generally the vampire movie type...but this one is entertaining. Cool effects. Almost more like Wolfman than vampire. We are Marvel movie fans and we were not disappointed.

Someone mentioned "Uncharted" ... that's what I watched.

Laughed and thoroughly enjoyed.

edit:
found yuh! Ginny! Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom