What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched Tar with Cate Blanchett. The movie is about power dynamics. How they are created, maintained, and lost. Personally, I thought the film was really good.

Yesterday, while the pot roast was in the oven, we watched The King's Man. The movie is a prequel to the other "Kingsman" movies and begins in South Africa, 1902...but quickly jumps forward to the cause and start of WWI. There are some WWI battles, but it is not the whole movie. If you like swashbuckler movies, you'll enjoy those scenes. All in all, we felt that this movie is even better than the other 2 "Kingsman" movies.

Oh, I forgot! On Saturday, we watched the new Renfield movie with Nocolas Cage, Nicholas Hoult & Awkwafina. Not your typical vampire movie! Much better and funny too. We watched it on DVD and then caught the deleted scenes too. They cut a dance scene that we thought was a hoot and really showed another side of the Renfield character.

Over the weekend we watched "The Oxford Murders" on Hulu. It stars Elijah Wood and John Hirt (2008). A very British mystery. We both liked it.

Finally got around to watching Gemini Man. Really enjoyed.

Well, maybe the chase scenes and the fight scenes were a little bit too long for my attention span. Maybe necessary for the story line but I find lately that I often fast forward thru them.
Exception in the chase scene was the antics with the motorbike. LOL

Yesterday, we watched Sakra on DVD. Although, at times, I thought they could have called it Saki! Anyway, if you are a fan of kung fu/martial arts movies, this is a good one. Somewhere between the Ip Man movies and say, Hidden tiger, Crouching Dragon...as there is a certain amount of superhuman skills.

We almost didn't get to watch it! DH was having trouble with the remote. Said the buttons were not working. Then, he found that they were reversed! Then, he found that he had the remote upside-down! :ROFLMAO: 🙃 - We had a good laugh about that!!!

I've never been a huge fan of horror movies. I figure life is scary enough. But I had heard many good things about John Carpenter's The Thing, and I finally made time for it about a week ago.

It's a bit more than a good horror movie. It's also good sci-fi.

Last night, my daughter finally watched a movie I had raved about to her, and since I was there I watched it again, for the second time.

It was Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. It involves multiple universes, but it isn't science fiction. It's (at times) riotously funny, but it isn't a comedy. It's not quite like anything else I've ever seen, and I can't recommend it strongly enough. It's for anyone who's old enough to have wondered "what if" about the choices they've made in their lives. See it, and have patience for the first twenty minutes or so.

I finally had the brain-where-with-all to sit and pay attention to a movie ... I streamed Are you there God? It's me Margaret ... a well read book by book written by Judy Blume ... and I'd be willing to beat that there's loads of gals here at DC that read it!

Great movie!
Since it had been so long since I did read this book, it was fairly new to me.

dr morbius - nope couldn't make it thru that first 25 minutes. I was really disappointed. (Everything Everywhere...)

Kgirl, I'll have to watch it - I remember when the book came out - but I never did read it. Guess maybe now I should. Would rather read the book first? not sure anymore LOL (Are you there God? ...)

Last night, my daughter finally watched a movie I had raved about to her, and since I was there I watched it again, for the second time.

It was Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. It involves multiple universes, but it isn't science fiction. It's (at times) riotously funny, but it isn't a comedy. It's not quite like anything else I've ever seen, and I can't recommend it strongly enough. It's for anyone who's old enough to have wondered "what if" about the choices they've made in their lives. See it, and have patience for the first twenty minutes or so.
I love, Love, LOVE this movie.

We watched a Netflix presentation of The Huntsman - Winter's War. If you enjoyed the first movie, Snow White & The Huntsman, then you'lle like this one too. Complete with magic, heros, love, war...and Chris Hemsworth! If you're a fan, catch it, as there may not be too many more of his movies. Wishing him the best for his health and future too.

Just a few minutes ago: Battle of Britain (1969). Kind of boring, actually; lots and lots of German and British warplanes (or, more accurately, models of the same) from 1940 getting shot down and very little character development. It gets repetitive. I had heard good things and I like many WW2 movies but I cannot recommend this one.

I streamed A Man Called Otto
Tom Hanks plated the perfect grumpy old man!

Back
Top Bottom