What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Made in Italy" on Hulu. Liam Neeson and a bunch of other people. A formula story where people with issues in their lives go to Italy and discover true happiness and love. Meh.

Wan, that's the glory of being able to watch TV movies at home. I get up at least 3 times to let cats and dogs in and out. I get up at least 4 times to pour another beverage... from coffee to wine to water. I get up and do the dinner dishes. I get up and rummage around trying to find a snack. I get up to go and put on jammies.... and oh... don't forget the prerequisite visits to the WC, numbers depending on how many beverages were consumed.

edit: I also love the down time of not having to think but just be entertained.
Sounds like you get a lot of enjoyment out of watching movies.

Personally I find browsing forums such as this one to be the best entertainment for me. I love the interactions.

I love to watch movies at home for the same reason as Dragnlaw. However, this weekend, we broke down to go out with friends to a theatre. The Mom and 11 year-old precocious girl-child of the group went with me to see Barbie. I LOVED it. Seriously. It is much more than a fluff piece about Barbie. (When asked what the movie was about by her father, the response from the 11 year-old was, "Barbie had an existential crisis." Spot on!)

Frank went with the father to see Oppenheimer. Both enjoyed it a lot as well. I read the biography of Oppenheimer - it sounds like the movie was pretty spot on.

You know how there's a list of movies you're going to watch someday? It's like, oh yeah, I've heard that's good, and one of these days I'll find the time, and of course you never do find the time for most of these movies.

One such movie for me was Dial M for Murder, and I'm very pleased to say I found the time. Every thing they say about it is true: the script is brilliant, the lead actors (Milland, Kelly) are terrific, and Hitchcock displays his typical mastery of the form. I get now why some people absolutely love this movie. There's a lot to like about it.

Just watched Hidden Strike on Netflix. A GREAT Jackie Chan movie! A ton of laughs, a good story, lots of chase scenes and they blow up a ton of stuff. What's not to like? Watch it!

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3

It's long (2.5 hours) and in the early going I found myself pausing it a lot. But after about an hour I got into it, and I wound up enjoying it quite a lot. This appears to be the last GotG movie, as James Gunn is now supposed to focus on making movies for DC.

Which brings me to another movie I recently watched: The Suicide Squad, not to be confused with Suicide Squad. The later movie, distinguished by the definite article, was also made by James Gunn and is incredibly silly but great fun.

GotG-3 is on our table, just waiting for the right time to watch it! It has been a loooooonnnng wait, given the studio firing Gunn and the actors revolt, so they had to re-hire him, but he was already otherwise committed and then the pandemic hit. Sigh. Gotta enjoy it.

Over the weekend, we watched some Netflix movies. 1: Annihilation - We enjoyed it. A few surprises along the way. Lots of Sci-Fi-ish stuff with a touch of fantasy too. 2: Extraction 2 - Good entertainment too. If you are an Action movie fan or a Chris Hemsworth fan, you'll enjoy it too. Plenty of chase scenes, ground, foot, air. Plenty of shoot 'em ups too. If you liked the first movie, this one will not disappoint.

Oh, a little different, but...since we are new Wrestling fans, in addition to watching the Friday Night events, we are following Steve Austin's newish series, Stone Cold Takes On America and the series, Heels.

Stone Cold is on A&E. Steve takes on all sorts of things, while travelling around with his crew in his RV. Although, they aren't always the same RV...but all are Super C type. So, Austin 3:16 says, watch it! ;)

Heels is on Starz. Season 2 just started, but you can catch up on Season 1 (8 episodes) by watching them On Demand (free). A couple of guys that grew up with wrestling, battle to keep the "show" going, while dealing with the real world too. An interesting perspective on the Wrestling game. Good entertainment.

Still waiting for our other favorites to return...Yellowstone and Virgin River...hurry up!!!

So last night I finally finished watching a movie I had started a while ago. Ginny reminded me to get back to it. Hidden Strike - great Jackie Chan.
Also finally got to watch Lost City (It was buy or rent for the longest time). With Sandra Bullock and Channing's gorgeous butt. Both very funny and enjoyable.

A TV series out of Australia. Fisk - lawyer who has no 'people skills' in a new job where people skills are rather important - good fun.

wouldn't exactly call that a movie. And certainly not a youtube video that I would choose to watch, especially not knowing what it's about.

Seeing to Believe - what is nice about movies is that we know what we are going to see and make an educated choice as to whether or not we want to watch it.
Please, as a favour to our members, refrain from posting videos with no explanation as to what the are about.
Thanks.

Last edited:
i forgot there are no subtitles
i dont know if it in imdb but if a movie is on imdb is it legitimate in your opinion to post about it?
anyhow. i do think that movies can be enjoyed even without knowing the language
it can even be an enjoyful challange to guess what it means.. or even intellectual challange,

what about songs?

Back
Top Bottom