"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #4681
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Was it the one with Basil Rathbone? I love the bad acting in those movies.
I think it was probably the first of two with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law...am I right Andy? I liked the first, haven't seen the second.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #4682
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, your Ogreness and yes, I like them too. I also have a soft spot for Jackie Chan (but don't tell DH - he has enough trouble competing with Neil Diamond )
As a present one year, my kids bought me a ticket to see his show. I am still singing his songs as I walk around the house.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #4683
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, your Ogreness and yes, I like them too. I also have a soft spot for Jackie Chan (but don't tell DH - he has enough trouble competing with Neil Diamond )
I love watching Jackie Chan, he is amazing...so is Jet Li. I think I'll take Neil to work with me today, I have the office to myself.

The last movie I watched: The Horror of Dracula starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #4684
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
As a present one year, my kids bought me a ticket to see his show. I am still singing his songs as I walk around the house.
For Christmas last year DH was going to give me tickets to see Neil in July. This would have been my 10th concert since the famous "Hot August Night" tour in 1972 - the first concert my parents let me go see with just a friend! I turned it down because I had seen him so many times and the tickets were very expensive. We saw another concert and had dinner out for less money and had a really good time.

(The real reason is I just wouldn't feel comfortable seeing my first love with my greatest love sitting beside me )

Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #4685
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by radhuni View Post
A very old movie ' Lawrence of Arabia' for the first time and I like it. There was an Indian actor named I S Johar, I didn't knew that he was in the movie, he was a very famous comedian in Hindi movies.
I haven't seen Lawrence of Arabia in years. I was too young to appreciate the film. Hope it airs on cable. What I remember the most (besides looking at Omar ) was the cinamatography & spectacular soundtrack/theme.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #4686
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
For Christmas last year DH was going to give me tickets to see Neil in July. This would have been my 10th concert since the famous "Hot August Night" tour in 1972 - the first concert my parents let me go see with just a friend! I turned it down because I had seen him so many times and the tickets were very expensive. We saw another concert and had dinner out for less money and had a really good time.

(The real reason is I just wouldn't feel comfortable seeing my first love with my greatest love sitting beside me )
It is hard to swoon under those conditions.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #4687
Head Chef

The Miracle Worker. Hadn't seen it in years. Wish there had been a follow-up film about her life. Did some research & saw all the huge accomplishments she made over her lifetime.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #4688
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I love watching Jackie Chan, he is amazing...so is Jet Li. I think I'll take Neil to work with me today, I have the office to myself.

The last movie I watched: The Horror of Dracula starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
Have fun with Neil at work. I am listening to his four CD boxed set - I have the "early years" one on now. "Shilo, when I was young...."

I love Jet Li too. When we saw the Expendables last month I wondered where I has seen him before. A trailer with The Forbidden Kingdom gave me the answer. It was another "Lions Gate Film" (back when they were good and located here in Vancouver) called "War".

I forgot that I watched "27 Dresses" on TV on the weekend. I had seen it before and even the first time it was predictable, but it was a good "I am not feeling well and just need something that keeps me curled up in my recliner with some hot tea" movie!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #4689
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Watched the first Sherlock Holmes movie the other day. I was looking forward to it's being great. It was OK.
I felt the same way. I actually like the series that had Jeremy Bret as Sherlock Holmes. It was on TV-but i don't remember which network. They were also rebroadcasting them on PBS for awhile They went right along with the stories that I have read a few times each. really good. They may have those out on video. If they do it is worth finding them. Each show was 1/2 hour I think. Maybe one hour??
Old 10-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #4690
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Was it the one with Basil Rathbone? I love the bad acting in those movies.
Sorry Addie. I wasn't clear. I watched the first of the most recent SH movies starring Robert Downey Jr. The sequel is out now.