What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@LPBeier OH GOOD you saw it. It was good. I still smile whenever someone talks about the EVERYTHING BAGEL. And I smile when I think of the mom and daughter as rocks on an uninhabited planet where no life evolved, and the mom follows the daughter off the cliff (even though they had such a good view!)

Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2019)

It's okay. Margot Robbie is probably the only person who can play Harley Quinn, and she nails it. The overall movie is pretty silly; I don't do drugs (anymore) but I suspect that would make this movie more enjoyable. I watched it for free on Tubi; I recommend against paying even a dime for it.

This is not a movie. I just watched The Star Beast, the most recent episode of Doctor Who, just released two days ago on Disney Plus.

Doctor Who has just gone through a bit of a down period, as the last few seasons were produced by show runner Chris Chibnall, who frankly in my opinion never really got what made the character or the show appealing to fans. With this latest episode the show runner is Russell T. Davies, who was the original show runner when Doctor Who came back as a series, as opposed to a serial. Also back is David Tennant, now the 14th doctor, who was the 10th doctor (don't expect this to make sense), and his sometime companion Donna Noble, played by Catherine Tate. They had splendid chemistry back in 2010 and they still do.

Anyway. For years now, Doctor Who hasn't been much fun to watch and suddenly it is fun again. And thanks to the connection to Disney, an organization with a lot more money than they know what to do with, it looks fabulous. If you've ever enjoyed watching our favorite Gallifreyan, the good news is you can enjoy it again. I suggest popcorn.

This is not a movie. I just watched The Star Beast, the most recent episode of Doctor Who, just released two days ago on Disney Plus.

Doctor Who has just gone through a bit of a down period, as the last few seasons were produced by show runner Chris Chibnall, who frankly in my opinion never really got what made the character or the show appealing to fans. With this latest episode the show runner is Russell T. Davies, who was the original show runner when Doctor Who came back as a series, as opposed to a serial. Also back is David Tennant, now the 14th doctor, who was the 10th doctor (don't expect this to make sense), and his sometime companion Donna Noble, played by Catherine Tate. They had splendid chemistry back in 2010 and they still do.

Anyway. For years now, Doctor Who hasn't been much fun to watch and suddenly it is fun again. And thanks to the connection to Disney, an organization with a lot more money than they know what to do with, it looks fabulous. If you've ever enjoyed watching our favorite Gallifreyan, the good news is you can enjoy it again. I suggest popcorn.
We also enjoyed the new episode. Glad Davies is back.

Traveling again. Saw A Haunting in Venice. Darker than the other Poirot movies. Tina Fey, definitely did not belong there. She might be ok on SNL, (who is even watching that anyway anymore), but not in that movie.

Started watching Chevalier, fascinating story, unfortunately flight was too short.

The Cobbler with Adam Sandler. It's on HULU. A decent movie. Entertaining without being ridiculous once you accept the basic premise. Also starring Dustin Hoffman, Steve Buscemi, Ellen Barkin.

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of the Black Adam (2010)

This is actually a collection of four animated shorts. The first one (and the longest at 25 minutes) has our favorite Kryptonian and Captain Marvel (DC version) teaming up to fight Black Adam, who is far more villainous here than in the Dwayne Johnson movie. The second is The Spectre, a vengeful ghost in a pseudo-noir setting. The third is Green Arrow; the comics version of this character is less dark and moody than in the TV show Arrow (2012-2020), but it's pretty much the same - DC's version of Hawkeye. The final entry is Jonah Hex, a disfigured bounty hunter in the old west. The whole thing runs about an hour.

So, heroes and then an anti-hero, followed by a hero and another anti-hero. If you're a fan of superhero comics you may enjoy it; if you're not, you likely won't. I thought it was okay. It's available for free on Tubi.

Watched Candy Cane Lane also. Enjoyed it, SIL slept thru the first half so bro and I had to quick catch her up tandem style. Quite fun!
Also rewatched Christmas Chronicles again, funny how you remember some parts and other parts seemed completely new to me.
Will have to watch 2nd one soon.

Oppenheimer

A bit too long, but great Cillian Murphy as always, great also Christopher Nolan as the director.

We watched Faraway on Netflix. The movie opens as with Turkish woman and her family prepare to go to her mother's funeral. The woman's life is pretty messed up, then she learns that her Mother has left her mom's diary and a house in Croatia. And her adventure to learn about the house and her mother begins. Good story, beautiful scenery and views!! Worth the time spent.

We were on a roll, so we watched another Netflix movie, Christmas as Usual. In the first few minutes, we almost turned it off. But, it got better and we really enjoyed it. A young couple, just engaged, decide to spend Christmas with her family in her Norwegian home. But there's culture clash and then some, between her Norwegian customs and his Indian roots. No matter what, unless you speak Norwegian, there will be subtitles to read. In the end, it is a feel-good dramedy and not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom