What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023). The "brain trust" behind this latest (and final) sequel understood the importance of chase scenes to the franchise, and there are many here. There is also some humor, but it feels a bit forced to me. This is arguably better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but not by a lot, and that isn't saying much. Really, there's nothing wrong with this movie except that nearly every scene reminds one of the original, classic trilogy, and this just doesn't stand up. It isn't bad, but it's sort of... tired.

If you already have Disney Plus, then you've already paid to watch it. So you might as well.

Watched old Mysterious Island, 1961. Why can't they make more movies like that. Why can't they re-make this movie, instead of remaking Bat Man 4 times? Frustrating.

Last edited:

If you want to watch a very nicely made 2023 award winning short animated movie watch BOOM. We have birds. A volcano that is erupting. A great storyline in a short period of time. Total fun.

Watched a kinda different movie called Hysteria on HULU. It's a period piece set around the turn of the 20th century in England. It's a romcom about the invention of the vibrator and had me laughing a few times.Take a moment to check it out.

If you want to look at a very nicely produced documentary looking at the few people that are hired by the LA School district that repair musical instruments this documentary is for you. The Last Repair Shop is one of the best short form documentaries I have seen this year.

They really did a great job telling the stories of the people that repair the instruments. Even the kids used in this were fully engaging. The last segment of a whole group of current and former students playing was really nice.

The length is almost 40 minutes long but fully worth it.

While dinner was in the oven, we watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny on DVD. We enjoyed it very much. If you like the original, you'll enjoy this one too. Good story, lots of great action scenes, including incredible chase scenes. Put this one on your watch list!

After the above movie, we switched to Netflix and watched Bank of Dave. I think I've found a new favorite movie! For me, it is probably top 5 of favorites!

This is a great story about an underdog. Based on the true story of a working class, self-made millionaire from a smaller British town and how his generosity leads him to take on the high society banking industry. As the title implies, he wishes to start a new bank. The Londoner Bankers will have none of that and nothing is beneath them to stop him from doing so! If you enjoy Def Leppard, you'll want to see this movie. If you enjoy rebels, you'll want to see this movie. If you like rooting for the little guy, you'll want to see this movie.

Back
Top Bottom