What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched "The Beekeeper" A revenge film of a retired military ops guy who goes and takes down a tec company responsible for emptying his landladies bank account with an online scam which results in her suicide. Not ones of Jason's better films or David Ayers as a director, did Fury, anyway if you like these types of movies I would probably wait until it's free. Very predictable and again, all the bad guys can't seem to aim very well. 7/10

Watched "The Beekeeper" A revenge film of a retired military ops guy who goes and takes down a tec **** I would probably wait until it's free. Very predictable and again, all the bad guys can't seem to aim very well. 7/10
Sounds like my kind of movie - and I love that ... "can't seem to aim" I always get the biggest chortle out of how
- the good guy(s) can run thru a hail of bullets with no injury, but while they are tumbling down a staircase, ass over teakettle, take out 4 guys with one shot each.
and still have another 15 rounds left in the magazine.

We watched Sanctified on Prime. First, this is the first movie we've watched on the new Prime, "with limited commercials". While the commercials were not long (yet), it was disappointing to have them. But, apparently, not disappointing enough to spend $3.99/month to be rid of them. But, back to the movie. Set in 1890, North Dakota, a nun is travelling to her church, deep in the badlands. Along the way, she rescues an outlaw, in exchange for his help in her travels. It starts slow, but the movie improves. Not a bad way to spend 1.5 hours. No real chase scenes, on horseback or other. ;)

I watched "Nyad", the true story of the amazing record swimmer Diana Nyad. I was very impressed by the emotional impact that this film managed to convey.

We watched The Holdovers (Discomfort & Joy). We enjoyed it very much. The movie takes place during Christmas break, 1970 at a New England Prep School, where a grumpy teacher (Paul Giamatti) is left to babysit a handful of kids with nowhere to go. We enjoy Paul Giamatti and this movie doesn't disappoint. It deals with some harsh realities and helps one laugh at them too. It is a heartwarming story and one that I highly recommend.

We just watched The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes. It was entertaining, not too predictable and a tad different than the earlier movies. All in all, if you like the series, you'll like this one too. I jumped a couple of times. Caught me off guard! Chase scenes are all on foot. :ROFLMAO:

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Just like Top Gun Maverick this is the type of movie I've been craving when compared to last summers block buster failures. An action packed, smartly written and fun piece of adrenalin escapism, thank you Tom.

We just watched The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes. It was entertaining, not too predictable and a tad different than the earlier movies. All in all, if you like the series, you'll like this one too. I jumped a couple of times. Caught me off guard! Chase scenes are all on foot. :ROFLMAO:
We watched this one too. Both of us enjoyed it.

Leave the world Behind.

Julia Roberts, do not get me wrong, I love her, but they made look so old, unless she is old, and she just looks bad.
anyway about the movie:

Zero stars would be way too many if I were to give the review.

First, I would never have bothered watching this have I know who the executive producers were. Second, I would not have watched it had I known it was an apocalyptic movie. Most of them are dumb. But this one deserves a medal for being really dumb. Absolutely horrendous.

Did I mention how bad this movie was? Well, if I have not yet, let me tell you, it is really bad.

Watched Killers of the Flower Moon. Very sad.
Great direction from Scorsese and great Leonardo di Caprio and Robert De Niro.
Recommend it definitely 👍.

We watched Oppenheimer a couple of nights ago. It was intense, but we did enjoy it. The acting was incredible, especially Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. Was surprised to see Rami Malik!

The next Oscar nominated long form documentary I saw for free is The Eternal Memory over at Youtube. This is only supposed to be free until the end of the month so you do not have much time to view it.

The documentary is in full Spanish with English subtitles.

This is about Augusto & Paulina's 25 years together with the last few of them with Augusto and his Alzheimer’s disease. They sprinkle in home movies of Augusto and videos of him during his time as a television presenter while mainly showing him with his major medical problem.

This was certainly one nicely produced documentary as the home movies and videos of him during his time as a television presenter worked well showing off how nice a guy he was. I say without them the movie does not get the Oscar nomination.

Last edited:
We watched Oppenheimer a couple of nights ago. It was intense, but we did enjoy it. The acting was incredible, especially Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. Was surprised to see Rami Malik!

Yes, great film. Cillian's an incredible actor, I loved him in Peaky Blinders. I heard Oppenheimer won many BAFTA awards in UK, they definitely deserve some Oscars.

We watched Certain Prey on the Roku channel. It's film version of a John Sanford novel from his series featuring Lucas Davenport. Mark Harmon plays the part. It was enjoyable if you're into this type of movie. It's also available on several other services.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since that movie has been in theaters. I read all of Tolkien's books once a year. I am not a fan of Peter Jackson's interpretations of the books. However, it is nice to see assigned faces to the characters and the costumes are beautiful.

I just re-watched "Shall We Dance" .
Richard Gere, Stanley Tucci, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon - who's not to love?
Had completely forgotten how many funny scenes were in there. It is a completely feel good, make your toes tap kind of movie.
If it doesn't, then you are seriously in need of therapy - in a dance class!

Back
Top Bottom