What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At my daughter's insistence, watched "Fight Club" last night. Or I should say, I watched half of it. I just found it so bleak and depressing I couldn't watch it all...guess the generation gap does exist. My daughter and SIL thought it was a great movie. I thought it was about self-absorbed, over-indulged, dishonest and boring people that I didn't really care about at all. Maybe I should have watched it all the way through, but had to go to YouTube and watch clips from old Broadway musicals to get the dreary taste of it out of my head.......
Oh Karen you really need to watch it all the way through. It has a twist ending that makes the rest of the movie all fall into place. Things are not as they appear.

Your opinion may still be the same at the end of the movie, but at least you are armed with a little more knowledge now. Hopefully though you will really like it or at least appreciate it by the end.

The Darjeeling Limited. I enjoyed it very much, I always find Owen Wilson goofily amusing, but in this role he showed more depth than usual, the hidden, deep rooted pain and pining behind his silly antics, perhaps it was because I was aware what happened in his real life after the filming though... Adrien Brody was brilliant, too, he was a new face to me but this could be his major breakthrough. He was slinkily hilarious.

I went to the midnight showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. I'm sad to say it was not as good as I had hoped. I'm all for suspending my disbelief during the stunts in Indy movies, but this one was almost painful at points. It wasn't bad, but there were many glaring errors and deviations from the first films that spoiled my enjoyment somewhat. I still stand by my dislike of What's-his-name LaBoof.

I am sorry to hear that DrThunder. That is exactly what I was afraid of. I saw a preview and it looked like they had stunts just for the sake of having stunts.

DH and I saw Prince Caspian this weekend...it was pretty awesome, probably better than the first one. People complained that it was too violent for children...but as a child I read the books and they're pretty violent. I wouldn't take a kid under 10 to see it...unless you know your kid can handle it...

The last movie in the movie theater I saw was forbidden city or kingdom with Jackie Chan & Jet Li.:cool::ninja::ninja:

Before this one I went to see Superhero movie, it was funny but not as funny as the national lampoon movies:LOL:

Just watched 3:10 to Yuma with Russell Crowe and really enjoyed it. More like the old westerns.

Loved it!! Thought it was a great movie. :)

Last night was cheesy Will Farrell in Semi Pro. Great no-brainer with some good giggles. Nice to see Woody Harrelson too. :cool:

Haven't been to movie theater in many many years. This past week went to see TWO movies in ONE week. First, Ironman second Speed Racer. Yo u can tell from titles t hat these were not the ones I picked. Speed Racer was one that I could not understand, unless I had watched this series on tv way back when. Other one, Ironman really kept me interested. In other words, I did not have to know the history of Ironman to understand. I just could not keep up with all the different computer generated workings that made Ironman do what he did. The guy who was main character certainly did a real good job. This is one I wouldn't mind seeing again but probably have same conclusion everything too involved and fast. One thing it helped me have a way from reality for a short time.

Could anyone tell me why the movie has to have such loud sound when you see it? They could have turned t he volume down for me. Does this make the movie more intense or is it to drown out cell phones or the babies crying? Must have some reason why they played the volume so unreasonable loud.

Speed Racer has gotten terrible reviews, that's all I know about that movie. I agree about the volume in movies these days - More and more we stay home and netflix our movies. However, I do plan on going to see the new Raiders movie on the big screen, can't help myself. Too bad Sean Connery is not in it this time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom