What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speed Racer has gotten terrible reviews, that's all I know about that movie. I agree about the volume in movies these days - More and more we stay home and netflix our movies. However, I do plan on going to see the new Raiders movie on the big screen, can't help myself. Too bad Sean Connery is not in it this time.

My 6 year old grandson went and seen Speed Racer. The only thing he had to say about it was "oh, grandma, it was sooo long.

Ummm.. lets see......

I saw Black Snake Moan... odd movie.
Cube 2 HyperCube.... loved it, also a big fan of the first one, the Cube. Very strange movies.

I tried very hard to watch Winter Passing, bet fell asleep!

Speed Racer has gotten terrible reviews, that's all I know about that movie. I agree about the volume in movies these days - More and more we stay home and netflix our movies. However, I do plan on going to see the new Raiders movie on the big screen, can't help myself. Too bad Sean Connery is not in it this time.

that is one I would have gone to see. Raiders always gets great reviews. Did you see Harrison Ford on David Letterman the other night? I just wonder sometimes, he is very hard person to interview. do you think he is private person and doesn't really go for interviewing? Letterman also asked him about the plane he flies. Kind of interesting person. I truly think he doesn't like publicity. With his success he probably does what he wants. Nice. Must admit I first knew about him in the Star Wars movie. Did you like Star Wars? I am sure you have heard of it.

Spent the afternoon resting my leg watching "27 Dresses". It was predictible, as most of those movies are, but it was really very funny and I loved all the tacky dresses. Also, I guess I identify with the main character in that whenever someone asks me to do something to help them, I can't say no....................well, it is getting easier.

Anyway, my hubby was bored in the first 45 minutes (it IS a chick flick), and made us Cola Floats (didn't have root beer). But he seemed to get into it after that.

LOVE Star Wars, In the Kitchen...I once saw Harrison Ford on a talk show - maybe Jay Leno. He seemed very unpretentious and talked about how he used to be a carpenter. I think he somehow knows (or at least knew then) that he is pretty lucky things turned out the way they did for him.

Dh and I went to see Indiana Jones yesterday, the matinee. He wanted to leave about 33 minutes in to it, so that says what he thought of it. I was tired and could have easily closed my eyes through a lot of it, but didn't and did enjoy it. HF was good enough in his role.

I'll give it a B-

The young kid {Shia LeBoufe [SP?] is doing movies everywhere or so it seems. Husbands comment, who does 'this' kid know?

Last night Buck and I watched our Netflix movie, Sabrina. 1954 movie with Audrey Hepburn, William Holden and Humphrey Bogart. Funny, fun, romantic, sweet.

Oh, Katie, I have always loved that movie. Was really disappointed with the remake, even though it wasn't bad - it just wasn't the same!

LOVE Star Wars, In the Kitchen...I once saw Harrison Ford on a talk show - maybe Jay Leno. He seemed very unpretentious and talked about how he used to be a carpenter. I think he somehow knows (or at least knew then) that he is pretty lucky things turned out the way they did for him.

So glad you are fan of Star Wars. I think George Lucas is so tremendous. Did you ever see American Graffiti someone told me he had a part in that movie. So he must have been ac tor before direc tor. Yoda was my favorite character, next to C3PO and R2D2 they seemed to stand out in the first movie so much. Of course the real ac tors were great including Harrison. He does seem to be grateful for what success he has had in his life. Doesn't he seem like he is private person? What you see is what you get with him! He made others movies that were so good too. Witness, another one where he played the some kind of presidential assistant. He doesn't really smile whole lot. Any way, makes me feel good someone remembers the Star Wars. We had so many toys and posters but I think they were worth what we paid for them

I had a pretty good "Movie Sunday" yesterday.

We went to the movies and saw Indiana Jones, which I liked. I believe it stayed true to the brand... unbelievable? Yes... but so were the others and it's basically an action comic anyway. Sometimes it's fun to suspend reality and just have fun.

On the way home we stopped at Redbox and rented Juno. My GF doesn't usually enjoy anything too 'offbeat', but this was just offbeat enough for both of us to enjoy. I like the way they didn't tie the ending up all cute and nice Hollywood-style. I'll probably buy this one for the collection.

DH and I watched Bee Movie Saturday night. Honestly, I have seen much better animated movies than this one. It had its cute moments, but definitely glad it was only a rental opposed to an actual purchase.... I am dying to see Iron Man, though.

DH bought that something to Yuma. I guess next time I feel like popcorn and soda, we'll watch it. He says I'd like it, but we'll see.:cool:

Lefse, it is 3:10 to Yuma and we watched it on the weekend. It is really good (if you like old time westerns because even though it is a new movie, that's basically what it is, and runs close to the 1957 original with Glen Ford). It has a lot of shooting and killing but if you can get past that, it is a really good character study and well acted by Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Let me know what you think once you have seen it.

We watched "Alien vs Predator 2" and "We are Marshall."

Each AVP was different enough that they are kind of hard to compare, but I think I liked the first one better. The second one confused me a little. The nice thing about DVDs is that you can go back to rewatch things for clarification. :rolleyes: "We are Marshall" was pretty good.

:)Barbara

I am not an Alien or Predator fan so you won't see me watching that one. But I loved "We are Marshall". I am a sucker for those types of stories though - the Kleenex Corporation loves me!

LOL, I actually watched Spaceballs this afternoon on Comedy Central. With commercials so that wasn't fun but....
I've always loved that movie, I think it's completely hilarious!

Too funny, went to visit a church member in the hospital today, and we were watching the same movie! LOL. Very funny movie, though the vicoden I took had me drifting in and out...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom