What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished watching "Genie" with Melissa McCarthy and Paapa Essiedu. 2023
Great "feel good" and very funny movie.

Looks like a remake of a 1991 movie "Bernard and the Genie". (which I've never seen)

Started a new series called Monsieur Spade.
"Twenty years after the events of the novel "THE MALTESE FALCON", Sam Spade has retired in the small town of Bozouls in the South of France. It's 1963, the war has ended, and in a very short time, so, too, will Spade's tranquility."
Starring Clive Owen and he does it perfectly! On Prime.

On Netflix, we watched The Miracle Club, with Maggie Smith, Laura Linney and Kathy Bates, among others. We really enjoyed it. If you liked The Lady in the Van, and Fisherman Friends...and the like, you'll love this one. The movie starts in Ireland and travels (by the world's greatest bus!!!! I want one!!!) to Lourdes, France. As the title might imply, there are some people praying for a miracle or two.

Anyway, watch it if you can. You won't be disappointed.

Pulp Fiction.

I had seen it a few years ago for the first time. I wanted to watch it again because I was left a little confused at the end! Then I realised that you need to concentrate on the incredible dialogues, not just the action.

One of the latest documentaries I looked at for free from Tubi is Fish & Men.

This award winning one looks at the high cost of cheap fish and the impact it has on fishermen in the Gloucester Massachusetts area. I fully agree with the documentary that we need to put more different fish on the menu here. This documentary was nicely produced here and worth a look.

Another re-watched movie. Forgot how funny it was. Laughed and chortled my way thru the whole thing ... again.
SPY with Melissa MacCarthy, Jude Law, Jason Stathan, Miranda hart, Allison Janney.

stay thru the credits for a couple of funnies...

I'm not much of a movie person these days. I watch a lot of westerns on INSP channel. So I watched a couple of movies on there this weekend. Hombre starring Paul Newman was really good. Now I'm watching an old 1970s James Garner movie called Cowboy Castaway that is super dumb but entertaining enough to keep watching for me because it's taking place in Hawaii and what is supposed to be 19th century. It's very light, of course.

The next documentary I looked at was 26.2 to life. This one is going to have some extra airings on the ESPN networks this month. This one looks at a running club called the 1000 Mile club that is inside the San Quentin Prison. The first one of its kind in the USA. All the people in the club are training with volunteers to run a marathon that will take place inside the prison grounds. A 105 lap race to reach that mark.

This is a nicely produced documentary with solid interviews of the inmates in the club. One inmate named Markelle Taylor wanted to qualify for the Boston Marathon. While none of the inmates had real amazing times Markelle Taylor did win the thing with a roughly 3 hour 10 minute time which was somehow fast enough to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Markelle somehow got out with one month before the marathon. He improved his time down to roughly 3 hours and 3 minutes.

The Documentary said that the 45 inmates in the club that have been released from the prison have not gone back to jail.

Just finished watching Megan Leavey. Based on the true story this one is a tear jerker. Growing up with a German Shepheard, i felt special attachment. Strongly recommend.

Watched a movie called "Where the Crawdads Sing" "A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved." A bit slow but I really enjoyed it 8/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom